Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday 55

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. Susie is the one that started it all, so be sure to drop by her site as well.

The aroma of Listerine and dime-store aftershave barely covers the smell of Black Velvet. A gnarled hand touches my shoulder, a nod, a smile, a hint of mischief in his eye. He leans back in the chair, knee proffered. It’s story time. I gladly accept. I wake before the tale begins. I miss my grandfather.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger lime said...

oh...we are both remembering our grandfathers today.

your 55 takes my breath away.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

That is good! This time of year really makes me miss my grandparents. As a child, and an adult, I loved to sit and listen to the stories of their childhood days. What I would give for just one more story!


Hope all is well for you and I apologize for not coming by more often but I am not online that much anymore. I have surgery coming up in a week which will be followed by a four week or more recovery so I am hoping to have time to catch up on everyone.

You take care!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I love it!

I missed it this past week because I wasn't at work... I'll be sure to contribute this week, though!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.