Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday 55

Alright folks, I hadn’t participated in a Friday 55 in quite some time. I’m overdue, but I’m also pounding the keys on my latest novel, so I’m recycling offering up the little morsel below.

Want to play along? Let me know if you do so that I can come read your entries.

Eyes so big, they seem out of place on something so small. The mother watches her, heart torn, mind conflicted. How doe she explain? Helpless, she pulls the child close. “You can’t bring him back, baby”. The child’s body shudders under the weight of sobs. “Why did you take your brother out on the ice?”

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Angie said...

That's awesome. So, 55 words or less? I can give it a shot...

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, Angie. I'll swing by and check it out.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

How sad!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Yeah, I may need to work on a happier one for next week. :D

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger lime said...

that is heartwrenching indeed, but skillfully done.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous linda said...

awesome "as always son" I will give it a try as well.as you know I do not have a blog so I will just send it to you.
love
MoM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.