Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Where There's Smoke...

Ah, there’s nothing quite like the feeling of being gently pulled from a deep slumber by a blaring, air-raid style, fire alarm. After I pried myself from the ceiling, I realized what it was (and where I was for that matter, I’m still up in Denver). I threw on a pair of jeans, searched the room I’m staying in (didn’t take long as it is about the size of my closet at home) and rushed outside. The fire trucks were already pulling into the parking lot (kudos to the boys in the yellow slickers for responding so quickly), but I still couldn’t see any smoke.

Before long, the fire trucks killed their lights, still no smoke, but that cursed siren was still wailing. I milled around for a bit, along with all of the other dazed and confused occupants. Finally, after nearly an hour they managed to get the siren turned off. I never did find out what caused it to go off in the first place. Quite frankly, I was just too tired to care. I hope that doesn’t happen again any time soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger lime said...

ack, ya gotta hate that in the middle of the night. glad it wasn't a real emergency though.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

"After I pried myself from the ceiling,"
Oh God, I love that line.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, yep it could have been worse...

It was funnier once it was over, Bernita. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.