Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Where Have I Been?

So, it’s been awhile since I posted and I apologize for that, but I’ve been quite the busy bee. I had a blessed extended stay at home and yes…I soaked up as much family time as I possibly could.

Where do I begin? Perhaps the beginning, but no, we don’t have that kind of time. I think I will stick to a few highlights.

I received another review for The Writing on the wall.

Here is the link, but the review contains a rather significant spoiler, so don’t click on the review if you haven’t had a chance to read the story yet. I offer this taste instead:

From the first page, The Writing on the Wall snags its reader. Its novella length makes it easy to finish in one day, and the gritty writing doesn’t hold back on details when it comes to describing the many graphic scenes of gore.

Yeah, I was pretty stoked about that…

We spent a lot of time at home, this time around. Yes, we went out to eat and even met up with a couple of friends at one point, but the bulk of our time was spent curled up together on the sofa.

I’ve also spent some time going through the submissions to the contest. You guys are awesome. There is some really great material in there. If you haven’t sent in you’re entry, don’t worry…you still have time and I am far from picking a winner.

Oh, before I forget, my wife and I both fell in love with a wonderful little series from Showtime. It’s fun little show called Dexter. Have you heard of him? No? Quick, click on the link above so the next sentence makes a bit more sense. Yeah, a serial killer with a heart of gold, this guy is right up my demented little alley.

Sadly, the storyline, made me have to alter a storyline I was working on, but that’s not really the show’s fault now is it?

On my reluctant return to Denver, I discovered they’ve already had the season’s first snow. This would be really neat if I didn’t have such an aversion to the cold.

I’m sure there are a few other significant topics I’m skimming over, but it appears I have a couple of hundred emails to catch up on, so I must bid you all adieu.

So, what did you do to occupy your time while I was away?

3 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger lime said...

ah so glad you had a great time at home. :)

congrats on the good review too.

my time? i enjoyed my trip to texas quite thoroughly and jad the pleasure of meeting some bloggers. first time for me. it was WONDERFUL!

keep warm now...brrrr

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at home.Maybe next time we can spend a little time visiting as well.
I am so proud of your review! it is an awesome read. Ihope everyone you know and strangers as well will buy it. They won't be sorry.I couldn't stop reading it. So, is it snowing in Denver now? I know you hate the winter but I would love to see it snow here.
have a great day and hurry home!!
Love
MoM

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, Lime. I'm glad to hear you had such a good time on the vacation. :D I'll do my best to stay warm...

The snow is all gone now, mom. I hope I get home soon too. :D Oh, and thanks for the kind words. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.