Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend Recap

We had a wonderful weekend. I flew in fairly early Friday evening and my wife and son met me at the airport, then took me out for a bite to eat. After we caught up on the week’s goings on, it was time to retire.

Saturday, we ventured over to the Tulsa State Fair. It was a blast. Tyler rode rides until his little heart was content, if not a little queasy. He was so proud because he managed to ride a rather large and twisty rollercoaster twice in a row without blowing chunks. Which, you know, was good for all involved.

We ate poorly and played myriad of games along the midway. My son won an enormous stuffed gorilla that he and my wife said reminded them of me. Yes, I’m aware that they are comparing me to a gorilla and no, I don’t find it offensive in the least.

After the fair we went out to see my mother and brother and his family. It was a good visit. I hate that I don’t get to see everyone no more than I do, but I think everyone understands the why of it all.
Tyler spent the night at Mema’s so I took my wife out to celebrate her birthday. We tore up the town like we were a couple of twenty somethings. It was fun, but I’m still recovering. Lack of sleep isn’t as easy to shake off as it was when I was younger.

Sunday, we just hung out around the house. I took some time, much to my son’s delight, to go over some homework with him. Oddly enough, that’s one of the things I really miss about not being there during the week. We also fell victim to one of those suggestive commercials and ordered the new Oreo Pizza from Domino’s. It wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. I was expecting sweet and gooey and what we got was blah cookies on a cardboard crust. Not a big fan.

I flew back out to Denver this morning and boy are my arms tires. *groan* I’m already counting down the days until I can fly back home to see my family.

What did you do this weekend?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger lime said...

sounds like you all had a great weekend.

mine was not so hot so i will spare you the details and just enjoy how terrific yours was.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Lime. I hope this next one is better. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.