Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Scare Me

I love this time of year. The changing colors, the smells, the brisk mornings and the sunny afternoons all play their part in the magic of Fall. With all of the beauty that surrounds us, it is quite appropriate that we have a holiday to give it all balance. For nearly the entire month of October the thoughts of the masses seem to lean towards horror. I know Halloween is the primary cause for this, but I think the longer nights have something to do with it as well. The darkness grows, lending fuel for dark imaginations.



I’ve been inspired by some of the shorts posted over at Storytellers Unplugged. You will find several pieces there that are brief, but very powerful.



Then of course, I saw the contest Joe Schreiber had on his blog where he asks for the creepiest excerpts from a children’s book.



So, I thought it might be fun to combine the two. Let’s see how dark you can be. I want you to rock my world, but I want you to do it in sixty words or less. So, come on over and show me your shorts. It can be a passage or if you’re up to the challenge, an entire story.



What’s in it for you, you ask? Well, the winner will receive a free copy of my e-book The Writing on the Wall. In addition I will post the winning entry on all four of my websites complete with link love giving the author full credit.



The contest will run from now until midnight (CST) on the 28th of October and I will announce the winner on Halloween. Please send entries to jgoodman@goodysworld.com.



Thanks for playing…

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Hey James, how are you ? I am home on doctors orders today so I thought I would stroll around blogland a while. You take care!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.