Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Rock Me

Friday was an interesting day. I hopped on a plane in Denver around 4:50 and my wife met me at the airport at 7:30. She then whisked me away to see Puddle of Mudd and Deepfield in concert.
I had never heard Deepfield, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. To put it quite plainly: They are a down and dirty rock band, who pulls no punches. They had a hard gritty sound that was amplified by the lead singer’s unique style and almost anguished vocals. Their stage presence wasn’t half bad either. I look for this band to go places.


Puddle of Mudd rocked the house, there are no two ways about it. The way they worked the crowd was a thing of beauty. These guys are awesome live. Their onstage sound is very much akin to that of Nirvana, so much so, that it was no surprise when then performed a cover of the Nirvana song Breed and damn well at that. Performers to the end, they left the stage, only to return for encores on three separate occasions. The crowd went while. If you ever get a chance to see them play live, I highly suggest you take advantage of it. I hope to see them again soon.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous linda said...

It sounds like you had a blast! and I am glad to hear that but as for me I think I will just stick to the oldies. LOL! and maybe some "soft" rock
Is that a sign of getting old? haha
love
MoM

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger lime said...

sounds like a really terrific surprise your wife arranged. so glad youcould enjoy the time together and a great concert to boot,

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.