Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dar-Wednesday

It’s time for another installment of The Darwin Awards.
(30 August 2007, Kansas City, Missouri) Tired neighbors were roused from their warm beds by blaring music that just would not stop. They staggered sleepily into the street, where a car was rocking with loud music, and a man was speaking with a police officer. The officer explained the situation to the pajama-clad crowd.

Two women and a man had been cruising around after a long night of partying, when the ladies decided to dance, dance, dance in the street. That decision was not very sensible, but their next decision was very nearly fatal. They failed to set the parking brake!

The car began to move. It slowly but inexorably rolled over both dancers. The male passenger (a back seat driver) climbed over the front seat and braked the car before it inflicted further damage.

The passenger was hospitalized with head injuries. The driver, who obviously suffered from head problems, too, fled the scene. Sgt. Jim Fuller remarked, "That's really stupid. I will be that blunt. It doesn't show much common sense whatsoever."



Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger lime said...

ok, so they had been partying all night...presumably suffering from some level of inebriation. now my question is to the officer. 'when the hell did a drunk ever display common sense?????'

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous linda said...

LOL!!! I agree with Lime...I hate to admit it but in my younger "crazY" days I've been known to dance around a car or two!!!I know I know but what can I say the young seems to think they are somehow inveincible.
at least no one died in this one!!
love
MoM

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Did you get your book published??

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

They probably ran to keep from being embarrassed! LOL!

How are you doing? Good here!

Have a good weekend!

xoxo

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, that would be a rarity, Lime. :D

Yeah, I've had a few drunken near misses myself, mom. :D

Yep, Jenn. It came out September 24h. :D

I'm doing well, Breazy. I hope you have a good weekend as well. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.