Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

And the Winner is...

Ah, the fateful day is finally upon us. It’s time to reveal the winner of my “Scare Me” contest. I thought this would be a lot more fun than it turned out to be. It wasn’t that I didn’t enjoy reading everyone’s entries; it was that I enjoyed them all so much, it became almost painful to come to a decision. I can safely say that my readers are some of the most talented on the net. You people are awesome. In the end, I still had to come up with one winner. After much waffling and near declarations, I’ve finally narrowed the list down to the winner (there can be only one), I think…no, no, I’m certain. This is definitely the winning entry:

Yesterday, I was watching a news story about a ten-old boy who had been strangled. He’d been branded just over his heart. They didn’t say what the brand was, but I knew. It’s a cross.

This disturbed me greatly. Not because of the ghastly circumstances, or the pain he must have endured, but simply because I had not done it.

This tantalizing little treat was brought to us by Damien Navillus. Please stop by his website to see more about our talented winner. He also has a blog on MySpace. Be sure to give him props for winning out over nearly thirty other entries.



Congratulations, Damien. Not only do you receive link love from all four of my most visited websites, but you also receive a free copy of my latest e-book, The Writing on the Wall.

I want to give out a giant thank you to all of the participants. It was truly a pleasure to read your words. You’ve awed me with your talent.

Oh and have yourself a Happy Halloween. Stay safe and be sure to check your candy well before it goes anywhere near your mouth.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger lime said...

yeeeee-ikes! yes that is fairly chilling. congratulations damien!

maybe you'll post some of the others so we can see them too? (listen to me, the one who doesn't go for horror, asking for more, LOL)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, that gave me chills!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Hmmm, that's a good idea, Lime. I may have to amend the post when I get home this evening...

Doesn't it though, Carrie? The implications are mind boggling.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Happy Halloween to you too! We will be celebrating with our church, we are having them a huge party so they should enjoy it.

Congrats to the winner!

Have a good day !

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Nice! Go Damien. My son is Damian. You can be the evil IEN, that's fine with me. Mostly because I'm a pansy and stuff.

Goody! Hope your Halloween was funtimes!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

You have a good day too, Breazy.

lol, Jenn. for true evil, I'd be a pansy to, me thinks... :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.