Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Start Spreading the News

It’s almost time. I’m so close, I can taste it. By this time tomorrow I will be home. I will get in Friday evening and won’t have to fly out again until 5:00 on Monday morning. I wish I didn’t have to sleep. It would be truly wonderful if I could spend every hour of my time in Oklahoma soaking up the family time. I miss them so much…

Things aren’t all bad up in the mile high city. I’ve met scores of new people, I’ve pumped out a mind-boggling amount of work and to be honest, I’ve enjoyed some of the most picturesque sunsets I’ve ever had the privilege of witnessing.

I’ve managed to get quite a bit of writing done while up here. I’ve completed all of the major revisions to The Writing on the Wall. I hope to have the cover art for it soon.

I’m in the beginning stages of a new book (as yet untitled) and I’m quite excited about it. Without giving away too much information, you can rest assured before the end, someone is going to die.

Other than that, I’m just sitting here, clicking my heels together and chanting.

There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home.
There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home…

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger lime said...

ok, my mind works in really strnge ways. i now have the mental image of a big, manly horror writer cackling over a computer keyboard as he kills a character...but he is wearing ruby slippers.

have a WONDERFUL visit.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Cover coming your way Sunday.

Safe travelling!

:o)

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

James,
Have a good Okie weekend!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, James. I just went back and read your previous post. Oh, my, I am in stitches! Sounds just like something that would happen to me.

I KNOW you'll be glad to get back to good old Oklahoma. It is just HOME, isn't it? I love Edmond.

I go to the children's writing conference in Chandler tomorrow with a dear friend from college--my son's Godmother. I'll have to let you know how it goes.

Good you are home with your family tonight!

Donnetta

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Lime. That is quite the image. :D

Outstanding, ME. I'll do a proper post with it next Week. :D

Thanks, Jerry. I'll do my best.:D

yes, Donnetta, definately let me know how it goes. :D That sounds like a lot of fun.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I remember when Jim was always out of town. I was not liking that at all, especially because the kids would miss him so much. I had to be strong for them and not show I was sad too.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Hey James! I hope you had a great weekend at home. I am off today so I am trying to make my usual rounds through my blog roll before going back to work tomorrow.

Have a great week and good luck on the new book!

xoxo

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, Leslie. At least he's home now. I'm hoping this won't last long for me. I think it's as rough on me as it is on them...

Thanks Breazy, I did, I did have a wonderful weekend home. It was just too short, lol.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.