Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Rocky Mountain High

Well, it has been an interesting week. As I’m sure you may have already guessed, I’ve arrived in Denver. I had forgotten how much the elevation change affects the body. Not only is it harder to run, walk, play, but it is also a killer when it comes to drinking. I’m not a big drinker anyhow, but my goodness… I drank two Bacardi and Cokes last night and I had to retire to my room. Yep, I’m a cheap date these days.

The people here seem to be friendly enough as long as they’re not behind the wheel of a vehicle. It may be a product of having to deal with traffic jams on a daily basis, but yeah…there are some seriously rude drivers here. Once off the road, I’ve had no problems finding friendly faces and good conversation.

The difference in the cost of living came as quite a shock. I expected it to be a little more expensive (let’s face it, Oklahoma’s a cheap place to live), but I dropped $90 at a super center here and walked out with two bags.

The view here is magnificent. I planned to post pictures, but though I remembered the camera, I forgot to bring the cable so I could upload them onto my laptop. I keep catching myself just staring at the foothills to the west. I’ll definitely have to make the trip up to Boulder and visit the mountains while I’m here. I have seen the top of the mountain and it is good. All things considered, this isn’t a bad place to have to do an extended job.

The work is going well, but it looks like there may be more to it than I had anticipated. The chances of an early parole return home look a bit sickly and could die off at any moment.

Now that I’ve settled in and can start working out a legitimate routine, I should be able to start blogging again on a regular basis. I hope everyone is having a marvelous weekend.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Anonymous linda said...

Good Morning Son,
It sounds like you are getting settled in up that way. I miss you very much.
When will you get to come home for a visit?
Can't wait to see pictures.
Be careful and watch out for the crazy drivers
Love
MoM

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Hey James! Just be careful and get plenty of rest!

xoxo

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger lime said...

i'm glad you're settling in. i think the price of groceries would have made me faint dead away! bummer about the camera cable. hoping your chance of early parole doesn't die....

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.