Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Books, Books, Books

I have new cover art for The Writing on the wall.




Here is the official back blurb:

A chance encounter in a bar plunges Dennis O’Brien into an adventure wrought with death, love, and the fragility of the human mind. When Dennis realizes he’s had a brush with a killer, things take a turn for the worse. Not only is he unable to stop the madman, but he finds himself the chief suspect in the murder investigation. Following a trail of bodies and revolting clues, Dennis uncovers the true motive behind the slayings. Yes, killers kill, but nothing is more shocking than the reason why. He should have seen it coming, shouldn’t have become involved. After all, the writing was on the wall…

Things are shaping up quickly for the release of this book. It isn’t posted for pre-sale yet, but the rumor around the ol’ campfire is that September 24th will be the big day.

I’ll let you know as soon as it is posted on the Wild Child Publishing website. It will sell strictly as an e-book at first, but once I’ve sold X copies, it will go to print. Your support to this end will be greatly appreciated.

While you’re there check out Weirdly: A collection of Strange Tales. Not only does it contain a story by M.E. Ellis (who is one of the wonderful editors of Wild Child), but also of another long time reader of this blog, Bernita Harris. I’m very excited to see what they’ve put together for us.

Here is a blurb for Weirdly:

From sci-fi to paranormal to weird, from chilling to odd to scary, Weirdly will sate your lust for strangeness in bite-sized pieces. Each tale weaves its own spell. Vampires, beasts, ghosts, evil creatures and, of course, every day people inhabit Weirdly's pages.
Harland's wife makes her presence known from the other side... The Beekeeper must come to terms with passing over... Heather and her mother join forces to disguise a murder... Lillie searches for missing children... Samantha finds out a school semester can be more than just schoolwork... All these tales and more. Dare you read them?




Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get busy on my next project. The darn thing won’t write itself you know…

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Donnetta and I were wondering if you ever sleep?! You have so many writing projects going on! At the end of a 9 hour work day, I'm poop and I don't have to wrestle tickets out of the airlines either! I don't even have time for blogging these days!

Keep it up, James!!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Oh, James!
What a wonderful cover and intriguing blurb!
And thank you for the mention of Weirdly. That is so very kind.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Liz. I don't sleep as much as I should, but yeah... I get a little shut eye on occasion. :D

No problem, Bernita. I can't wait to read your story. :D

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous linda said...

James,I love the cover it is awesome!!!
can't wait to see it in print.
Love
MoM

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I thank you kindly. :D I'll be sure to sign one of the first copies for you.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger lime said...

that's a terrific cover for the story! keep us posted on the official dates. i'm so excited for you.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. :D I've been using your experience after reading the book as a selling point when I tell people about the book. :D I hope you don't mind.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I love the cover, too! I hope the e-book stage goes quickly. Keep us posted.

Good luck with all your new action, James. I don't know how you do it, either. :P

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Robin. I will keep you posted.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.