Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Birthday

I want to take a moment to wish my wife a happy birthday. The rest of this post is for her; the rest of you, feel free to click on to more interesting posts.

Baby, I’m so sorry I can’t be there with you on your birthday. Being away from you is just that much harder when I have to miss the special occasions. Have no doubt, any excuse to celebrate the wonder that is you, is a special occasion. I wish I could be there with you, to hold you, to kiss you, to touch your cheek, to look into your eyes and let you know just how much you mean to me. Instead, all I can offer you is a phone call (and a heartfelt post). I’ll wish you happy birthday and tell you I love you, but it just won’t be the same.

I’m counting down the seconds until I see you again. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. They lie. Absence makes the heart ache with such force, you wonder how you will make it through the day. I miss you so much, there are times it feels like I can’t breathe.

This weekend we will celebrate, not only your birthday, but a love that has turned a bad boy like me, into a love sick puppy. Sadly, the puppy is now going through withdrawals.

I hope this is the last and only time we have to miss a special day together. I know you know how much you mean to me, but I just want to say it again: You are my everything.

I hope your birthday is filled with joy and relaxation. No matter what you do or what happens today, know that you are in my heart and my thoughts. I love you.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger lime said...

well i read it anyway.

happy birthday to your beautiful and so clearly beloved wife. i hope in spite of the forced separation that there is still a great deal that makes it special.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. I've passed on your birthday wishes to the mrs. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.