Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Recap

We celebrated our 6th anniversary this weekend. My son spent the weekend with his biological mom, so we had the whole house to ourselves and yes, we celebrated the whole weekend.

Friday evening began with flowers and the exchange of gifts and didn’t end until the wee hours of the following day. The sun had risen by the time we turned out the lights in the room. We laughed, we played, and we just hung out, enjoying each other’s company.

We slept most of the day Saturday (that’s the downside of staying up all night), but did manage to make it over to The Melting Pot for dinner. It is one of my wife’s favorite restaurants and I’m quite fond(ue?) of it myself. All kidding aside, this is always a wonderful dining experience.

Sunday found us spending the majority of the snuggled up on the couch, reading and occasionally glancing at the TV. We had a few errands we had to take care of during the afternoon, but other than that, it was just about being together. God, I love that woman more with each passing day. I couldn’t imagine life without her.

So, how did you spend your weekend?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Anonymous linda said...

Happy Belated Anniversary
Sorry I forgot it.It sounds like you'all had a great week-end I am so glad
What kind of food does the melting pot serve
Have a wonderful day
Love
MoM

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I don't think you two could have spent it a better way. Mr. B and I are going to have to take a weekend and go rent a cabin or something because after fourteen years of marriage this year was the first that we didn't get to do anything because I was out of town and by the time I returned our schedules were too crazy to do anything then.

I hope you have a good week and I will try to get back over in a day or two!
xoxo

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Mom. It is a fondue restaurant.

Oh, then that is a must, Breazy. :D I hope you have a good week too.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger lime said...

happy anniversary you two! every couple should be as happy as you are and i wish you many more years of such joy.

my weekend? back to school shopping mostly. but there were some tender moments with limelette #2 that i was especially glad for.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys sound so wonderfully in love.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Happy Anniversary, James! We had an anniversary on the 11th. 36 years.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Happy Anniversary to the Goodmans....and many more to come!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

thank you, everyone for your kind words.

Lime, I'm glad to hear about the tender moments with your child. I like to think of these moments as the events that give us the strength not to throttle them when they go insane. :D

Indeed, Carrie, I do love that woman. :D

Wow, EA Congrats! May you have many many more. :D

Thanks, Jerry, I really appreciate that. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.