Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekend Recap

There was a time when having a childfree weekend meant I would be a partying fool. Those days may have come and gone. My son spent the entire weekend with my mom (his Mema) and indeed, we decided to go listen to some live music on Friday evening, but I barely consumed any alcohol and we were away (and quite frankly) at home well before last call. Oddly enough, I’m ok with that.

Saturday, we decided to curl up on the couch and watch movies. No partying, no drinking, no music, no dancing, we just held each other close while we watched a variety of movies. It was great and the movies weren’t bad either.

Sunday, I knocked out a couple of thousand words on my new WIP, The Writing on the Wall. Other than that, it was a fairly uneventful day. It feels good to have a lazy weekend from time to time.

This could prove to be quite the hectic week for us. We (all three of us) are leaving for another trip on Thursday evening. We will stop in Dallas to visit with a few relatives there and then Friday morning we fly up to Delaware. I still have quite a bit of family up that way and it has been brought to my attention that I’ve been away for far too long. I have to take care of a bit of business while I’m up there, but we plan to head to the beach and slip over to the Ocean City Boardwalk while we’re in the area. That Saturday, my dad is throwing a huge shin-dig and we are going to have quite the spread, everything from crabs to meatballs, but the highlight is going to be the pig roast. I’m getting hungry already.

So, what did you do this weekend?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger lime said...

welcome to middle age, james...lol. glad it was a nice weekend though, i can fully appreciate that pace as well sometimes. hope that trip to TX and DE is a great time.

friday night i sent the middle limelette to camp. saturday i spent on the couch wiped out with a hideous cold. sunday we were given 4 free tickets to the local minor league baseball team, right behind the dugout (w00t!) so we took the boy and one of his buddies.

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous linda said...

as you already know my week-end was spent yard selling,park going and movie seeing with Ty. great fun had by both of us. I enjoy having him with me. I hope you'all have fun on your trip I will miss you while your gone.
love
MoM

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I'm discovering that I don't like to go out anymore either.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.