Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Recap

Oklahoma’s favorite rapscallion EA Monroe has tapped me on the cyber shoulder the other day. She promptly presented me with this:




It is a meme of sorts being passed around the blogosphere lately. I’m honored to be considered such a smooth talker. I’m supposed to pass it along to five other people, but there are so many of you out there worthy of this, I just can’t bring myself to narrow the list. I will leave it open to all of the fine readers of this blog. Let me know if you pick up the torch and I’ll be sure to stop by and see what you do with it.

It has been a rather hectic weekend. Friday we met up with a rather large group of friends to help one of our group bid a fond farewell to his former job. It seems I’ve attended such functions quite frequently of late. The change winds are a blowing…

Saturday we had a lovely dinner with some other friends. It was a grand meal and a grander time. We followed dinner with a couple of rented movies. I’ll try to address a proper review of each later this week.

Sunday we slipped out to the lake for another attempt at wakeboarding (I haven’t had a complete three run set once this summer due to some rather aggravating boat issues). We arrived at the ramp to find the lake was lapping at the parking lot. The ramp was completely submerged, but with a bit of concentration, a touch of luck and a sprinkle of held breath, we managed to get the boat in the water without incident. It was a good time, but the boat still isn’t running properly. I think I have it narrowed down to just a couple of possible causes now.

Before I close, I just wanted to take a second to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!!
I hope you have many, many more.

So, what did you do this weekend?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Fun!

I didn't do anything fun. Too poor. :(

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Hey, James! I didn't do anything fun either, although I did climb the maple tree again to fetch down that cat. I always thought it might be fun to try wind surfing! Have you seen the movie Black Snake Moan yet? Oh, and happy birthday James' mom!!

Rapscallion! Hah! Miss Bernita once asked if I was related to "Little Chief."

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Oh yeah, Evelyn and your mom have the same birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Aunt L!! Evelyn got a pop-up play tent and a new baby doll. What did you get?

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous linda said...

Thank-you everyone. I appreciate the H.B. Wish. James & Ty took me to Lunch at the China Buffet (yummy) and I got MONEY!!!!! a bed,a watch,earrings,and did I say MONEY!!!!! James & Shelly was very generous.
And a special Happy Birthday to little Evelyn as well.
Love
MoM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.