Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tagged and Bagged

Tagged by Robin, who was tagged via Tish Cohen

First, the covenant:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Okay, eight random things about me:

1. I often still act like a kid. I’m big on pulling pranks, I still read the occasional comic book. I play video games and I’m not above participating in epic battles my son has set up with his toys. I laugh…a lot.

2. I once nearly drowned in the ocean. I couldn’t have been more than five or six at the time. I slipped into the water and disappeared from view. My dad (and several others I’m sure) searched frantically. He snagged my shorts, pulled me from the bottom and fixed me right up. Oddly enough, I still love to be in the water.

3. I had my first crush at the tender age of 9. A lovely little girl named Michelle made me smile every time I saw her so I gave her a fake diamond necklace. She “liked” me for all of two weeks, but I still remember her.

4. I once lived in three different states in one year.

5. I spend as much time barefooted as possible. I love the feel of carpet, grass tile and cement (when it’s not to hot) on the bottom of my feet.

6. When I was in the Army, I jumped from a second story window to make a beer run during a lock down. I shimmied up a drainpipe with the bag slung over my shoulder to get back into my room.

7. I didn’t learn how to dance until I was sixteen. I went to a teen dance, was drug to the dance floor, promptly embarrassed myself and spent every waking moment for the next six months, watching videos, asking questions and learning how to dance.

8. You know how certain smells will trigger a memory? Certain sounds will trigger aromas, I can practically smell. Example, whenever I hear the music for Family Feud, I smell chicken noodle soup. Probably, because the only time I was on the couch when it came on as a kid, I was sick. It came on during lunch and I ate soup when I was ill. Freaky, huh?

By law, I must now tag 8 people with this meme, so without further ado…Breazy, Bernita, Carrie, Lime, Donnetta, Liz, M.E. Ellis, and Sandra come on down, the water’s fine.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I have to say as your mom that was a fun read for me... Funny how I didn't know that you loved to be barefoot... (you get that from me)
If I could I would NEVER put shoes on my feet but I think work might frown on that a bit LOL
Thanks for sharing......
Have a Fantaboulous day!!!
Love
MoM

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I thought you were MIA. I have a lot to catch up. For some reason my Google Reader didn't tell me when you started posting. We've (Adam and I) already drooled over your cruise pictures.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Gee thanks, James! I always love learning new things about folks. Hey, I play video games, too! And read comic books.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I enjoyed your list, especially the last one -- that sound-smell thing is pretty wild.

I love going barefoot, too. As a kid, I couldn't wait for my feet to "toughen up" whenever school let out. No shoes all summer!

Thanks for playing, James. ;~)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Thanks for the tag! That gives me something to do in my good-bye post, I am leaving for the beach Saturday and I didn't want to just say bye and be done.

I really enjoyed the pics and hearing about your cruise.

You can read the tag on my blog tomorrow and thanks again!

xoxo

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, James: I pictured you as fun loving. And I never ever learned to dance. Well, just what I needed: to be tagged!
Donnetta

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Thank you, James, for the compliment.
But I've done this meme twice and I'm really very dull.

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous James Goodman said...

I'm glad you like it, mom. :D

I was for what seems like an eternity, Carrie. I'm glad you liked the pics. :D

Then, you must still be a kid too, Liz. :D

I now it is rather odd, Robin. :D Barefooting is cool.

I'll hop over and check it out, Heather. :D

Never learned to dance, Donnetta? Well...we'll have to remedy that sometime, now won't we? :D I can't wait to read your answers.

No problem, Bernita. I know...I've seen you do this before, but I thought you might have a few more tidbits to reveal. :D And I think you are far from dull.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous http://www.creativewriting.ca said...

Memes generally drive me crazy.

Got yours by way of Donnetta.

It drove me crazy.

Good thing I did my thesis on MAD.
...Still in practice.


Ivan

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger lime said...

i am all over the barefot thing. i HATE shoes.


i thought i had asafely escaped this meme, yo ugot me good though. lol

i figure to have it up long about monday.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger patterns of ink said...

Nice to meet you. I got tagged in the trickle down. I usually don't do those but when I saw who some of the participants were I couldn't resist.
Tom at POI

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

James, you are a dear man.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

And my task has been fulfilled!
Donnetta

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Ivan yours was quite funny. Sorry for driving you crazy. :D

I look forward to your answers, Lime.

I enjoyed your answers as well, Tom.

Thank you, Bernita. :D

And fulfilled nicely, Donnetta. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.