Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dar-Wednesday

It’s time for another installment of The Darwin Awards

(1992, California) Snakes flick their forked tongues in the air to "smell" the world, collecting molecules and analyzing them by pressing thir tongue tips tips them into small olfactory pits. An inebriated twenty-year-old man, apparently unaware of this biological fact, took umbrage when a wild rattlesnake stuck out its tounge at him. Tit for tat! He held the rattler in front of his face and stuck his tongue out right back at it. The snake expressed its displeasure at this turn of events by biting the conveniently offered body part. The toxic venom swelled the man's face and throat, choking him to death.



Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I came to tell you I tagged you for a meme for which you're supposed to tell eight weird things about yourself, and I find this.

There must be something weird about me, too, because I like Dar-Wednesday.

This one is especially gross, though.

Anyhow, if you feel like playing, consider yourself tagged. :~)

Ew!

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous linda said...

let me just say this "No good can come from picking up a rattlesnake"
STUPID!STUPID!STUPID! :-O

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger lime said...

good gravy how stupid do some people have to be????

oh and in response to the last post..

i remember going to the NJ shore every summer before my folks slpit up, sitting on daddy's shoulders until he was chest high in the water and waiting for the waves to come crash over us. it felt very dangerous but exciting to be out that deep in the water when i was so little. also recall the first time mom took us there by herself and how lost she got and her whiteknuckled on the schuylkill expressway. but the fun we had once we got there.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Robin I'll have to do the meme. It sounds right up my alley. :D

I couldn't have said it better myself, mom.

Oh, that's a lovely memory of the NJ Shore, Lime. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

LOL! What an idiot! Did he really think the snake would be offended?

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

You know I was wondering the same thing, Sandra. :D

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

I love this story. It's like the tale about the person who checks a loaded gun by looking down the barrel.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, absolutely, stewart. I posted about a similar incident with a gun not long ago.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.