Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

So Far Away

Wow! Has it really been that long since I posted? Sorry about that, but I’ve been really busy. I got a really good jump on the story I mentioned in the post before, then all hell broke loose. I flew down to Corpus Christi for a few days to pick up some information and meet everyone else who is working on a big project in Memphis.

Yep, I was put in charge of the Instrument and Controls portion of the gig, so I hopped on a plane and flew to Memphis, Tennessee with a small but enthusiastic entourage. I’ve tried to keep the hours down to eleven a day or less for the last week. I had to make time to see the sights of Memphis after all. We’ve been to Graceland(I thank ya, thank ya very much), slipped down to Tunica, experienced the wonderment of Beale Streetand ate at all the hot BBQ joints in the area. Now that I’ve experienced these things first hand, I can safely say people should do at least three out of the four at least once in there lives. Now, I’m ready to come home.

I was scheduled to be here until the day before I leave on vacation. Did I mention I’m leaving on an 8 day cruise at the end of the month? As of today, it looks like we will wrap up my section by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed; I could be back in my own bed by this weekend.

So what have you been up to in my absence?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hello, James. I tried to leave a comment last night but Blogger wouldn't let me! Sounds like your company knows you are the man to get things done. A cruise coming up! Enjoy it. You deserve it for working so hard!
Donnetta

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger lime said...

your absence is keenly felt. my head is spinning listening to yoru schedule. my #2 child will be so jealous if i tell her about graceland.

in your absence we celebrated her birthday, had some graduations, sent #1 child to louisiana to do hurricane recovery (she's there as we speak) um..what else? i dunno, i've been busy too but my brain feels empty right now....

looking forward to having you back inthe blogosphere. if we don't see much of youbefore then have a FAB vacation!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Donnetta's right! You deserve a cruise for working so hard! I deserve one too! Have fun!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Memphis? You were only 6 hours away from my hometown! LOL! I hope the people were very nice and courteous to you out there in Memphis if they weren't then next time you just come on out to Knoxville and we will show you some real Tennessee hospitality!

Glad to see you are back and I am very glad that you have a vacation coming up soon because you have had a very busy year.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.