Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Accepted

Well, I did indeed make it home for the weekend. Now, I’m on my way back to Corpus for a few days. I will be back on Thursday evening, take Friday to set up a couple of meetings (and get laundry done) and head out Saturday morning for my cruise. I’m so excited, I can’t hardly stand it.

This weekend was the first time I had a chance to see my son since Father’s Day. He came home bearing gifts. He bought me a new pocket knife, made me a whip (because it makes a really cool sound) and a T-shirt (it was two sizes too small, but it’s the thought that counts).

We went to see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer on Saturday. We were all three very excited about seeing this movie and it didn’t disappoint. It was a fantastic movie.

We also bought Ghost Rider it was a good movie also, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I did the Silver Surfer. There were a few parts that seemed a bit unnecessarily cheesy. Over all it was a good movie and I’m sure I will watch it again.

Sunday we slipped over to Claremore for a bit. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had a catastrophe with their big tent fireworks stand. The creek which ran near it flooded. What is normally bone dry this time of year, found itself covered in three or more feet of water. Good times were had by all.

I’m sure you guys remember my story The Dance.You know…the one about the serial killer, his demon lover and the quirky cop who is trying to stop them. Well it turns out it now has a home, though not in a place you might expect. It was picked up by Resplendence Publishing . Why is that unusual? Resplendence is a Romance Publisher. That’s right, I’m now James Goodman…Romance Writer. I was surfing around the net awhile back and ran across their website. They are a new company and they have a category for Horror and Dark Fantasy. I figured what the hell, it’s worth a shot. It seems to have been worth the shot and then some.

They loved the story, but said it lacked certain aspects that would make it more appealing for their target audience and wanted to know if I would be open for revision. Would I? Damn straight. The premise of the story will remain the same, but it will have a few more romantic factors added and perhaps a bit more steam in the bedroom scenes.

I made a verbal agreement over the weekend and I’m now waiting for the contract to come in the mail. I’ll keep you posted as the process progresses.

I’m also still working on the novella which took me out of the blog-o-sphere for a bit, but it will probably have to take a back seat to The Dance as the revisions roll in. This seems to be quite the exciting time on the writing front.

So, how was your weekend?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Your cousin drank moonshine at a coworker's crawfish boil party and woke up Sunday morning with a terrible hangover and headache. Yes, I was tending to FOUR kids all day after that one. But he's learned his lesson now--Don't drink too much homemade moonshine. Ha! Ha!

Then your little cousin decided to play in the toilet this afternoon and tote loads of toilet water in his dumptruck into his room where he proceeded to dump it all over his bed and carpeting. What is it about the toilet that fascinates children so much? That's just gross!

But the girls and I have been very good these last few days, so we got ice cream cones. Yummy!

You did ask how the weekend went, so don't come crying to me if you get nauseous from the toilet water story.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

YAY!!! Congratulations on the contract!

My weekend started off good then everything took a left turn. All in all it turned out pretty okay except for Saturday night and all day Sunday, I had the worst sinus headache I have ever had but I made it through and I am feeling better already!

You have me excited about vacation after reading this, we leave in three weeks and four days!

Hope you have a good week and once again, congrats on The Dance!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, that sounds like quite the event filled weekend, Leslie. :D No nausea here, just the shake of the head of a parent who has had his fair share of bizarre toilet/child related incidents.

Thank you, Breazy. I'm quite excited about it. :D

That sucks about the illness. Glad to hear you are already feeling better.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger lime said...

hey congratulations on the newest contract! giggling about the romance publisher...just add a few heaving alabaster bosoms being caressed by his strong knowing hands or somesuch and you'll be good....hehehe, kidding of course. i'm truly tickled for you.

and how sweet were those father's day gifts? wonderful!

my weekend was rather busy too. MIL landed for a visit, oldest limelette returned from a katrina work team in NOLA and then uncle landed in local hopsital even though he lives rather far away.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I got a kick out of the way, you made the comparisons between your aunts and the limettes, though. :D

And thank you, Lime. I've already begun a few edits. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.