Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Weekend Recap

Oh, my we had another fun filled weekend. We took care of all of our weekend “must dos” on Friday after work, and then topped the evening off with a nice dinner at Compadre’s (it seemed quite appropriate since it was Cinco de Mayo weekend).

We had every intention of going fishing early Saturday morning. I packed up the truck, loaded and hitched the boat and we were off at the crack of dawn. We stopped to get a bite to eat on the way to the lake. By the time we got out of the restaurant, the weather had turned to crap. 30 mph winds and intimidating clouds caused us to rethink our lake excursion. We headed back to the house and unloaded everything. We were so close this time.

With the extra time we now had, we decided to kick around the house, playing games and just generally enjoying each others company.

I fired up the grill about five o’clock. We had roughly forty pounds of ribs and steaks to prepare, so it took until nearly seven before I was able to pull the last of them off the flames.

There were three fights to be seen, but I’m sad to say the first one was the most exciting. Bautista and Medina put on one hell of a show. Juarez and Hernandez both looked like they were afraid to throw a punch, so they spent most of their time circling each other. I really wanted to see Oscar De La Hoya put a hurting on the over confident Floyd Mayweather, but it was not to be the case. Mayweather won by split decision (which incidentally won me the prize pool for the evening). It was a decent fight with several great blows, but hardly the brutal slug fest it was pumped up to be.

My neighbors next door just so happened to be having a graduation (from college) party on Saturday as well. So, we were able to spend a little time with them between fights. I don’t know about anyone else, but I had a fantastic time.

On Sunday we went to baby Noah’s (son of our friends Amy and Rob) first birthday party. That boy is too cute. After a bit of coaxing, he realized the little cake in front of him was yummy and scooped up icing by the handfuls. That’s right, he wanted no part of the cake itself, but the icing he wore proudly.

After the party, we braved the crowds to see Spiderman 3. I’m not even going to bother with a link there; I think you all already know which movie I’m referring to. I give it a solid, meh. The special effects were fantastic, but well, without giving away any spoilers, the storyline left a little to be desired. They certainly strayed from character’s norm for this one.

So, how did you spend your weekend?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger lime said...

saturday was a day of mom taxiiing to baseball games, jobs, and friend's houses. sunday mr. lime and i took a nice long spin on the new bike. aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. i am such a happy girl! i love having a bike again :D

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

oh, that is a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon, Lime. I'm so glad you guys have a bike too. It looks sharp as well. We are planning on doing our first ever poker run on our bike this weekend. Have you ever tried one of those?

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I swear I must of touched a little bit on each of your subjects today. LOL.

Hmmm....ribs.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, I noticed that too, Carrie. Since you live in the area, next time I have a big cookout you guys will have to join us. :D

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Your weekend sounds so fun! My weekend consisted of busy, busy, busy but it was all for the best cause! I will cross my fingers that you and the Mrs. get to hit the lake soon!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, thanks, Breazy. :D I'm sure it will happen...eventually.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, James. I actually managed to clean house a bit and do some much needed shopping. Finally feeling better and am so far behind on everything. Thankful for feeling good again. Played with Percy and Princess and watched all the Bonanzas. Yes, I still like Bonanza! Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful weekend!
Donnetta

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I'm so glad to hear you are finally feeling better. lol, on the Bonanzas. I have a few old(ish)shows I still watch as well.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.