Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, May 21, 2007

This and That

What does I & C mean and what can they do for us? Instrumentation and Controls is the short answer (oddly enough, to both questions), but that doesn’t seem to give people a warm and fuzzy. It is this question that has kept me away from you good people of blogland.

I worked up a presentation, complete with definitions, examples and just enough quasi-facetious anecdotes to keep the layman from jabbing his eyes out with a pencil during the course of the day long event. I’ve finally finished the first draft and am now awaiting comments from the boss (no, not Mr. Springsteen). Once we have the presentation in polished, I’ll fly down to Houston and present it to the other divisions of our company in hopes that not only will they send work our way, but that they send the appropriate work our way. This should be fun…

Oh, I’m sorry. Am I boring you? Then let’s talk about something else. It is Monday after all, and I should probably dive into the weekend recap.

On Friday, we were both pretty wiped from the week’s activities (I worked up the above mentioned presentation between the other projects I have on my plate), so we decided to stay home and rent movies. I’ll do an official review at some point this week, but one gets a thumbs down and one gets a solid meh.

Saturday morning we got up early, strapped on the leather and…hey, get your mind out of the gutter. We decided to take a scenic ride on the motorcycle. We made a day of it, and what a day it was. The wind in our hair, the vibrations of the bike, the lake, the hills, the view in general, there is nothing quite like being on the open road.

Saturday evening we went to dinner at Bourbon Street with a couple of friends to celebrate a birthday (Happy Birthday again, Monica). This was my first visit to the restaurant and I have to say, I was impressed. Great food, fantastic atmosphere and lively staff make this a memorable place to eat.

After dinner, we slipped over to Mayfest. We heard several great bands and pursued the wares of some truly remarkable artisans. There were a lot more people in attendance than I remember in recent years. I’m sure the fantastic weather we had over the weekend played no small part in the turnout.

Sunday, we fired up the grill. I made bacon wrapped prawns and some killer pasta with scallops as the main ingredient for the sauce. Other than that, we just hung out.

So how did you spend your weekend?

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger lime said...

other than having to do work it sounds like you had a terrific weekend.

the late night ER run on saturday night was not a highlight...otherwise it was laid back.

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous linda said...

stayed home and cleaned my shed out and played with the puppy. and enjoyed some time sitting and reading a good book outside. love
MoM

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

sounds like a fun weekend!

We finally had a bit of time to relax Saturday evening then on Sunday we had friends over for a huge lunch after church.

Hope you have a good day!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I wanted to go to Mayfest so bad but I know I would end up buying art and I already have 6 pieces that need frames.

I love Bourbon Street.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lime, I'm sorry to hear about the ER run. I hope the limette, is doing well now...

right on, mom. Very productive. :D

that sounds like fun, Breazy.

I hear you, Carrie. I almost walked away with several pieces myself. Luckily cooler heads (my wife) prevailed. :D

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger lime said...

she satyed home from school today but she is much improved. thanks

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

I helped a friend with a garage sale. Did some house cleaning. Rested. Played with the pets. Nothing nearly has interesting as you. Hubby comes home soon. Maybe things will perk up around here! Glad you and your family and friends had such a cool weekend.
Donnetta

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

glad to hear she is on the mend, Lime.

Oh, I bet you are just counting down the days til he returns, Donnetta. :D

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Hi James! We hung out at home, did chores, posted my next post, and on Sunday went to see Spiderman 3. Hey, I enjoyed the killer ending you wrote for Donnetta's short story challenge! You even captured her "gingerly!" Gingerly made me smile!

At Mayfest did you happen to run into any artists named Bill Williams or Duane Taylor?

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Liz. It's always fun to write a short piece. I can't wait to read yours.

I didn't run into either artist, that I remember. :(

Oh, what did you think of Spiderman3?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.