Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Play That Funky Music

What’s the deal with all the !@#$ing rain? I know, I know…this time last year, we were screaming about the lack of rain, but come on, this is by far, the wettest start to any year I can remember since I came to Oklahoma. This is getting ridiculous. If I wanted weather like this, I’d move to Seattle. I’m not a duck, for goodness sake.

Ok, end of rant.

Have any of you heard the new NIN album? So far, I’m quite impressed, but they I usually am when it comes to these guys. They have a song, Capital G, which is a direct slam again Dubya. I get the distinct impression he didn’t vote Bush in the last election, that’s all I’m saying.

Speaking of new music, I’ve downloaded quite a few songs from the i-tunes store of late. Every so often, I like to throw out a list of music I’m listening to, in case some of you out there haven’t had a chance to hear these bands. Here is just a taste of what I’m into right now:

The Dandy Warhols - Not If You Were the Last Junkie on Earth
Camper Van Beethoven - Pictures of Matchstick Men
Buckcherry - Crazy Bitch
Fanzine - Head In the Sky
Jay Z - 99 Problems
Liguabe - Eri Bellisima
New York Dolls - Trash
Nickelback - Rock Star
People in Planes – If You Talk Too Much My Head Will Explode
The Raconteurs – Level
Teddybears – Cobrastyle
Ween – Gabrielle
The Rosebuds – Leaves Do Fall
Rock Kills Kid – Paralyzed
Beck – Think I’m In Love
TV On the Radio – Wolf Like Me
We Are Scientists – Inaction
Thom Yorke – Black Swan
Lady Sovereign – Love Me or Hate Me
The Music – Take the Long Road and Walk It

Download as you see fit.
What music are you listening to right now?

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I'm still listening to the same old stuff... U2, Jeremy Camp, Jewel, tobyMac, Metallica, etc. Nothing really new. We heard about Metallica releasing a new CD soon, and Jim says if it sounds anything like St. Anger that we were no longer going to be hip on Metallica. Supposedly they're going back to old school style, so I hope it's good.

For Mom's Day Sunday I am promised an MP3 player I can use at the gym. Doc says no vigorous activity, but I can walk all I want on the treadmill. I have to wait until I'm 10-12 weeks out past the surgery before I start ripping it up on the ab machine or anything. But at least I'll be able to jam to some tunes on the going-nowhere boring treadmill for a while.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Back in the gym already? That sounds good. That means the OMG pain has subsided from the GB surgery, right?

I'm anxious to hear how the new Metallica sounds as well. Here's to hoping.

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous linda said...

First let me say I realized how "OLD" I am now..The one one listed below that I have ever heard of is Nickleback!!!!!LOL
and yes I agree I am "SICK" of the rain...also I started my day off by locking my keys in the house and now I can't get in!!!!!!
:-(
hope you have an awesome day
love
MoM

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, that sucks, mom. ARe you back at the office then? Can someone there help you out, or do you have to call a locksmith?

I hope your day gets better.

oh, and you're not old just because you haven't heard these songs. Most of them don't even play on the radio around here, I find them from searches and satelitte and streaming music from our cable service. :D

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I have only heard a few of those songs because I mainly stick with Bluegrass, Gospel, and Country when I even have time for music these days. I will have to look some of the songs up and check them out.

Have a good day!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Right on, Breazy. Let me know if any of them strike your fancy. :D

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I've been out of the music mood for some time. I don't listen to anything but classic rock right now. I have been tempted by NIN though.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

nothing wrong with classic rock, I have quite abit of that on my ipod as well. I believe if you click on the link for that song, you can get a free sample of NIN. So click away. :D

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger lime said...

well when i got my 30GB iPod i decided to download all the kids stuff on to mine too just to see if there was anything i liked. i gotta say i have been pleasantly saurprised by pink and chritina aguilera. also enjoying nickelback as well. the raconteurs are good what little i have heard.

and even though i have had it sinceit was released i am still not tired of prince's 3121...dynamite release....love it.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger lime said...

btw, what's a poker run?

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, I love Prince as well. He is such a talented song writer.

a poker run is where a group of bikers meet at a designated place, ante up say...$25 a hand then they have to ride to different locations throughout the city (or in some cases county or state). At each location they get a card. At the end of the run the person with the best hand wins the pot.

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger lime said...

a poker run sounds like fun!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.