Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Kicking and Screaming

Yesterday was a monumental landmark on my road to recovery. I re-entered the dojo. Yep, I resumed karate practice last night. I’m not back to full speed yet, but I held my own and I made it through the entire session without hurting myself. I plan to attend one day a week for a month or so and see how my Achilles tendon takes it. If all goes as planned, I will be back to a full schedule of kicking and punching in no time.

Now, I’ve gotta admit…I’m pretty darned sore this morning. I abused muscles, which literally haven’t been thoroughly worked out in months. I think a long dip in my hot tub should definitely be in my list of must dos for today.

All in all though, I think the dark days of my injury are well behind me. I’m still way ahead of the projected one year recovery time, so I’m more than a little leery of putting too much of a strain on it, but it is healing faster than anyone expected.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger lime said...

oh, james....i am REALLY happy for you. that's great news! you are wise to take it slow until you know what it can handle though. but do enjoy!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

It stills hurts every time you mention it.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger snavy said...

HI-YA!

Sorry --- I couldn't resist.

At least I made no Hong Kong Fuey references ...

D'oh!

Seriously, I'm glad you're back in action.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Sounds like this is something you really enjoy doing. Good for you for getting back to it. Now get out there and kick some stuff!
Donnetta

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

That is wonderful news James! Congratulations! I am so glad that your Achilles healed faster than the doc thought. Take a nice long soak in the hot tub and remember to go at it slow.

Hope you had a good day!

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

James,
Glad you're alive and kicking, quite literally.

Don't overdo it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.