Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Back In The Saddle

Oh, man it feels good to be home. I spent yesterday doing as little as possible. As I had worked the night before, I needed to stay up all day in an attempt to make the transition back to working days in a single bound. I feel successful in that endeavor, but the day is still young. We’ll have to see how coherent I will be by this afternoon.

I spent the vast majority of the day just hanging out with my wife and son. I can’t think of a better way to spend my time. The only thing from the growing list of “honey dos” I managed to accomplish was getting the boat ready for our first lake visit of the season. We plan to go fishing next weekend and by golly, the boat is in tip top shape for it.

I’m mere minutes from heading out for my next assignment so I had better keep this short for today. It will likely take me a couple of days to get back into the swing of blogging as well.

How did you spend your weekend?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger lime said...

glad to have you back!

we finally had some truly gorgeous and lasting spring weather so it was perfect for little league opening day and a picnic with friends. yesterday i washed sheets and hung them on the line...mmmmmmsmells so good.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Glad you're back!

Our weekend was spend trying to keep Jimmy and Evelyn from torturing each other. I spent a little time trying to nap, but it didn't last long. I'm still recovering from my surgery...something about slicing through a major nerve that runs up into my right shoulder and down my back has really caused me some extra pain. All this for a flippin' gall-bladder removal! Ugh! I'm so tired of being down, it's ridiculous!

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I am sooooo happy that you are blogging again.and was thrilled to actually get to "see" you yesterday. I hope to visit with you soon.
luv
MoM

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

There is no place like home.

I had a great weekend. Not necessarily productive but just a lot of playing.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

oh, wasn't the weather just lovely, Lime? It's about time if you ask me. :D

dang, cuz...how much longer do they anticipate the recovery to be?

It was nice to see you to, mom. I'm hoping to actually see you a little more now that things are getting back to normal.

you can say that again, Carrie. Sometimes, that's the best way to spend a weekend.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, James! Please let Leslie know I hope she gets to feeling better. I had the surgery a few years ago and all is better with that now.

Had the dental surgery last week and still under the weather. So, I did a lot of resting, watching TV. Not much else.

I know your family is glad to get the attention! Enjoy your little guy while you have him. Time will fly too fast.

Take care, Donnetta

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.