Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

What Time Is It?

Well, so much has happened over the last few day, I’m not sure where to begin. Logic tells me that chronological would be the best way to lay it out, but I don’t want to do it that way and it’s my blog so…there. Anyway, moving on…

We went to a concert this weekend. You could probably guess a hundred times and not nail who we saw. Do you give up? Ok, we watched Morris Day and the Time.

“I’ve been doing this since 1982,” he shouted to the crowd after a particularly energetic display of his dance vocal skills. Oh, I enjoyed this show tremendously. Let’s be clear here, this was a show. I’ve been to several concerts where the band sings to the audience and enjoyed them. Mr. Day took it a step further with audience participation and all out showmanship. If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend you see them play.



I dropped my wife off at the Airport first thing Sunday morning. She is spending the week in Chicago for a training seminar on the repair and use of lab specific analytical equipment. Sounds like a hoot…

No problem, my son and I can hang out like a couple of bachelors and manage for a week. It’ll be a blast; it is spring break after all. Oh, wait…my son is spending the week with his biological mother and his grandmother. Uh oh, this is shaping up to be the suckiest spring break ever. Ok, maybe not ever, but the prospect sounded a little lame to me. I actually like being around my family.

Not that I was feeling sorry for myself, but the thought of spend the week alone sounded less and less appealing. Then, out of nowhere, Thursday night I find out that I’m flying out to Corpus Christi first thing Monday morning. I’m to spend a few days at the office there meeting my new boss (yes, this will be my first face to face with the man) and the rest of the engineering staff.

What???? You mean I have to be in Corpus over spring break? That just sounds like torture. I mean, gosh…isn’t North Padre Island like a good twenty minutes from the hotel I’m staying at on the bay? How ever will I manage?

Alas, it’s a tough job, but I think I may come out of this whole ordeal none the worse for wear.

So, yes…all three of us are spending spring break apart. It’s still makes me more than a little sad, but I think out of the three of us, I got stuck with the better deal.

So, what do you plan to do for spring break?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger lime said...

wow, i'd say you got a pretty damn fine deal out of all that!

and morris day and the time??? they still perform? oh man! that would have been sooo awesome!

we don't actually get a spring break in these here parts, supersuckfest. i did however find out that weird al yankovic is coming to our area in may and since he is my son's very favorite i think i need to try to get some tickets.....ok, i like him too and i've never seen him live. i think it will be a scream and how many cool mom points will i earn? hehehe

but ssshhh..don;t tell, it's a surprise.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, James. Well, the best laid plans... I planned to head down to SW Oklahoma to check on mom and then came down with this crummy flu. Hopefully, if the weather holds, I might try going tomorrow. Sure feel rough around the edges, though. I've never heard of this band before. Does that make me--lets see--how old?

Donnetta

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Jerry Wiley said...

James,
Now I have "Jungle Love" in my head:

Oh-Wee-Oh-Wee-OH

Have fun in Corpus!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous snavy said...

I hope you have a great trip!

Our spring break is still weeks away.

Sigh.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

You lucky dog! I bet your wife was so jealous.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.