Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Movie Review: Borat

Borat is hands down one of the most offensive, despicable, racy movies I’ve seen in recent times. Jagshemash!!! I’ve never laughed so hard. Seriously, this movie isn’t for the easily offended, but if you have a sick sense of humor (and I do) this is a must see. My wife and I were laughing so hard, my son kept yelling, “come on, guys!” from his room upstairs, which brings me to my most important point: Don’t let your children watch this movie.

With its off color humor and it’s shocking visuals, there are times this movie is like stumbling into a bar featuring midget mud wrestling. A little voice tells you that you should turn around and walk away, but you can’t. To make matters worse you find yourself laughing at things you know you shouldn’t find funny. It was very liberating. :D




Synopsis

Sacha Baron Cohen brings his Kazakh journalist character Borat Sagdiyev to the big screen for the first time.

Leaving his native Kazakhstan, Borat travels to America to make a documentary. As he zigzags across the nation, Borat meets real people in real situations with hysterical consequences. His backwards behavior generates strong reactions around him exposing prejudices and hypocrisies in American culture.

Rating: 5 Stars


Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

We haven't rented that one yet. We can't decide if it's something we want to see or not.

Tomorrow morning you will have a new baby cousin. It will be your last new baby cousin, from us anyway. We'll be sure to pass the stats (weight, length, etc.) on to reach you as soon as it happens.

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I was wondering if I wanted to see it..I guess after that review I will give it a shot. thanks for the info.
love
MoM

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Oh this is so up my alley.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

My husband and I want to see this but right now we don't have time to sit and watch a movie. I hope all is well with you and thanks for your kind comments on my todays post!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger lime said...

lol, that shocking green over the shoulder thong bikini thing is QUITE shocking! eeewwww, mommy, make it stop!

lol, i've been tempted to check this out, the trick is getting the kids out of the house long enough to see it....

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger lime said...

oh, and best wishes to leslie!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

congrats, Leslie. I can't wait to see the pics.

yeah, you should check it out, mom.

write on, Carrie. Let me know if you thought it was as funny as I did.

I understand that, Breazy. Again birthday wishes to your husband.

lol, Lime. It is a bit like a train wreck,no? :D Yes, the kids away is a must.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I'm definitely with you on this one .. Sacha Baron Cohen's very funny style of comedy reminds me of Andy Kaufman

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Okay, James. You have got to be kidding...Donnetta

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Geez James,
You could warn a guy about upcoming pictures in your blog. Now my lunch is upcoming.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

ah, yes Reel, I can see the comparison.

not kidding, Donnetta. :D I will say this though when the show first started, he made some rather anti simatic remarks that made me uncomfortable (my ex wife is jewish, thus my son shares the heritage), but as it went on, his references where so outlandish, I realized it was his way of making fun of bigotry. It was almost brilliant.

Sorry, Jerry :D I'll try to be more considerate next time.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.