Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I still want to be a pirate...

You should see the view from my balcony. My hotel is right on the bay and overlooks a marina. In addition to the wide assortment of sailing boats and usual fare, there is a giant, honest to God, walk the plank, pirate ship. I haven’t checked into how much it costs to go for a ride on her, but it is quite impressive to look at.

Why, you might ask, am I not providing pictures? Because, in my infinite brilliance, I left my camera at the house and my cell phone camera seems to take the most heinous, blurry, barely decipherable pictures known to man. Ahhhh…isn’t technology grand?

Corpus is great town. Scenic views, friendly people and beautiful weather, it’s a wonder this little gem hasn’t grown to the size of Houston by now. My only complaint so far is the wind. They say there is always a breeze here, but in March it is down right gusty. I’ve had to lean into it just to walk several times as we walked through their budding downtown.

The trip is going well. It’s good to finally put a face with all of the voices I’ve been dealing with since November. This is a great crew, which makes me more than a little regretful that I can’t work side by side with them on a daily basis.

Have any of you ever been to Corpus Christi before?

7 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger lime said...

a pirate ship? cool! shiver me timbers and call me a wench, i'd wanna go aboard. glad to hear things are going well! i've only visited austin (which i enjoyed) and driven across the panhandle in august....in a chevy citation with no AC (which i did NOT enjoy)

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying Corpus. Hubby and I visit Mexico periodically. Always forget our camera and realize it when we get to Texas (fly out of Dallas). We hit a used store in Denton. Hubby thinks we bought at least 4 if not more cameras! Got my master's degree in Texas, too. Have a good time.

Donnetta

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Jerry said...

James,
Water Street Restaurant, City Diner, La Playa, and Nolan’s were all recommended by a Corpus Christi co-worker of mine. Have fun!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

James: Also meant to tell you that I am reading a very very good horror novel but has been in bits and pieces as I have had the "hard" flu. Also been laboring a bit on a 15 page project. I'll tell you more about both as I get well! Boy, the novel is a scary one. Have fun in Corpus. Donnetta

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Sounds like you're having a great time!

:o)

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous islandgrovepress said...

I've been to Corpus Christi.

Busy place. Water, water everywhere. And nymphs. No, not wood nymphs.
Long time ago, but I remember lots of movie houses on the main drag.

I do think I met a girl named Monica.

Ivan

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I still find it odd that this is your first encounter with your boss. But then I live in the stone age.

I haven't been there but it sounds lovely.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.