Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Recap

The weekend seemed really short for some reason. I had a very productive week at Syntroleum, so it might just be the shock of getting back into a rigid schedule having an effect on the speed with which the weekend passed.

On Saturday my son went to spend the night with his Mema. Apparently they had a great time. They went to the park, visited relatives and topped the evening off with a trip to see Ghost Rider. I haven’t even had an opportunity to see that movie yet.

We went to dinner with some friends to celebrate a birthday at PF Chang’s. I didn’t think to check if it was alright to use the name of the person whose birthday it was online, so I won’t but I hope they enjoyed the evening.

After dinner we all headed out to a little pub called Crawpappy’s for more laughs and frothy beverages. There was an odd mix of people in there and I have to admit, I picked up a few unique character traits to use as fodder in future novels. I love to people watch and the crowd that night was entertaining to say the least.

Sunday was an indoor family fun day. I’d hoped to spend the day basking in our recent warm weather, but the temperatures dropped and the wind sped up late in the evening on Saturday and never returned to the glorious point it was at for most of the week. The highlight of family fun time was playing Operation (It truly does take a steady hand).



So, how did you spend your weekend?

8 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I pretty much spent the whole weekend on the couch or in bed. I did a little shopping yesterday morning for my trip.

Oh I love operation!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger lime said...

saturday i had some time away to be artsy/craftsy. that felt good, especially since on sunday i had a sick kid.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, James. I spent the weekend cleaning house. In between projects, I started reading a novel written by a favorite author of mine-you know, one of those horror tales that I enjoy so much. I also started writing a 15 page piece that I'm fretting over. The wind blew here, too. So the cat, dog, and I mostly stayed in. Nice weekend, all in all. Donnetta

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh yeah, you must be getting excited about your trip, Carrie. I don't blame you. I'm going on a cruise in July. I can't wait.

Oh, that's never fun, Lime. I always feel so helpless when my son gets sick. I hope he feels better by now.

lol, I've heard you were a fan of horror, Donnetta. :D As for the piece...no need to fret. I'm sure it will be great.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

That's nice, combining entertainment with field work, James.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Hi James. Lots of wind here that blew out the electric. So, I goofed off and read. People watching is one of my favorite pastimes!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I got to the New York Comic Con on Saturday and ended up at a looooong and amazing dinner at an Irish pub with my publisher and some great writers. Good company and a fantastic time. Then I drove home to PA that same night listening to Dark Tower VII on audio tape and pounding truckstop coffee to keep me awake.

Needless to say, it's Wednesday and I'm still recovering.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Indeed, Bernita. :D Never waste an opportunity...

Oh, that's awful, Liz. I went through puter withdrawls last time we lost power here. :D

That sounds like a great way to spend the weekend, Joe. Totally worth the lenghty recovery time.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.