Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Weekend

Friday evening, we decided to check out a new restaurant in our neighborhood, Sticks Chicken House. It’s been open for weeks, but hadn’t put it on our rotation because we already have a chicken place we use. Anyhoo, we decided to give it a whirl and it turns out they sell chicken, pork and beef Kabobs, plus an assortment of other chicken and pork dishes with a decidedly Filipino flavor. Throw on top of that, some serious garlic rice and a few spring rolls and it quickly became so not the KFC experience I was expecting that I was kicking myself for not trying it sooner. I enjoyed it tremendously. If you ever make it to Owasso and need a bite to eat, slide by 96th Street North and Garnett, for a tasty little treat.

Saturday we met up with some friends of ours for dinner at Tei Kei’s. It was a great dinner and better company. They recently had a baby and this was our first restaurant experience with them since the birth. Let me just say, Noah is one happy baby.

After dinner we decided to go bowling for a bit. It sounded like a good idea so we set out to knock around a few pins. We found a lane, put on the shoes and fired up the screens. When it was my turn, I grabbed the ball, eyed the pins and started the quick trot I normally do before tossing the ball down the lane with everything I can muster. Guess what…my Achilles injury had other ideas. My goodness, this is quite the little hitch in my giddy up. It hurt like hell. Who would have thunk it, but yeah the motion in bowling is quite strenuous on that part of the leg.

So, I had to take my time and throw my old form out the window. Oddly enough, with the new walk upright and release near the line technique, I bowled a 161, which I understand is quite high for someone who only bowls once a year or so.

Of course, yesterday was the travesty that was Superbowl Sunday. I so didn’t want the Colts to win, but I guess they wanted it more than the Bears. This is the first Super Sunday I can remember, that there wasn’t one standout commercial. They usually do a pretty good job of putting together in your face advertising for such a highly viewed event, but this year they were all sort of humdrum.

What did you do this weekend?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger lime said...

well, as documented i succeeded in pissing off mr lime no end. hahaha.

yikes, as soon as you said bowling i was wincing for you. but crimony a 161!! yeah, that's a damn fine score!

the superbowl commercials sucked, but prince rawked. :D

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I would be like those kids that spread their legs and roll it with both hands.

The only commercial I liked was the one with the snicker bar and the two guys kissing.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, lime. and oh, yeah Prince was pretty cool. :D

lol, Carrie. I saw your comment come up in my email and i had to go back and read my post to see what you were talking about. Aparantly bowling balls aren't the only thing i have that occaisionally winds up in the gutter. :D

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

James: Bowling has never appealed to me. That is, until the class with kids having multiple disabilities invited me to go with them. I think I bowled 50-something. Now,this tickled the kids no end. I had, of course, the lowest score of all. The kids kept reassuring me and told me I would get better with practice! Got to love 'em! Donnetta

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

About the only thing I remember about bowling is the gutter, and sticking my finger down so far in the hole to feel what was at the end that my finger got stuck, and eating Sweet Tarts.

Then I posted a ridiculous blog post about "Nothing" and the comments place turned into party central! btw, that blank space in the post, has to be highlighted to see the text.

Then I watched Prince at halftime and tried to stay out of trouble. However, Cheech and Chong showed up in their ice cream truck and it was "Much Ado about Nothing" being Something for the rest of the evening!

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Donetta i can't think of a better reason to take up bowling. :D

Lol, Liz that is quite some bowling experience.

Oh, I'll have to come check out the post about nothing. :D

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I cleaned all weekend--that darn nesting bug hit me again. And we're having company in starting today, so a clean home is a nice home. I finally got curtains for my living room window. Now your cousin doesn't gripe about a glare on the TV every 5 minutes. Hee hee!

Went to church, sang in the choir, and got super-hot under my choir robe with my built-in heater (aka baby) as usual. Clipped coupons, cleaned some more.

Sounds boring, I know.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.