Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snowblind in Oklahoma

We the undersigned tenants of Northeastern Oklahoma, hereby respectfully request that you cease and desist all activities related to the blanketing our area in snow and ice.

Am I the only one who’s sick of winter? We only received a few inches yesterday, but we are bracing for a second storm today and yet another storm possibly on Friday. It’s not like I live in the North. I live in Oklahoma! You know… where the wind comes sweeping down the plain. We just aren’t used to this kind of weather around these parts, pardner.

All kidding aside, this has to be the worst winter we’ve had since I moved to this part of the world. If I wanted to contend with this crap, I would have stayed in Delaware. Oh well, what are you going to do?

On a side note, Blogger has forced me to switch to the new version. Resistance is futile.

10 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Anonymous linda said...

YES!!!!!! coming from someone who "used" to love the winter I am "SICK" of it to!!!!!
It makes it to hard to go out and "PLAY" :-)
Love
MoM

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I'm here with ya. At least it isn't like the ice storm. I couldn't deal with that. Plus I am really surprised they didn't shut the schools down again.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger lime said...

yes, your winter is what we should be having. i'm sorry you got stuck with it. i'm also sorry the collective suck you in as well #8 of 3983.

and on a side note...blogger is sucking festering syphilitic donkey balls today. this is such an improvement...NOT

apologies to mom if i offend...

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

I am over the winter too and we barely got snow this morning but it was enough to call school out for two days..grrr! I hope your day and your winter gets better!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Actually, James, I'm in Edmond. It's snowed off and on all day. I slid home yesterday from the school I work at in the city. Made me a nervous wreck. School was closed for me today. Made home made soup. Watched TV. Been writing some. I do not want to drive to work tomorrow on the ice again! I hope to stay home and safe. Would be glad to put in extra days. And yes, I am sick of this! Try to keep warm. Donnetta

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Hey, James! If it was just snow. But, nooooooooo. It has to be freezing rain, drizzle and ice!! Oklahoma's winter of 1987 was one of the worse winters ever. We should be seeing the groundhog's shadow!! And old man winter's backside!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Ha! Ha! Sucks to be you!

Wanna come to the beach?

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Goody,
The only good thing about all the winter weather was that my sinuses were clear as a bell. All the pollen was covered with ice. I actually enjoyed driving in it until Jan 16 when all the amatuers were out in full force. That was scary.

Still. How often can you say you skated in your back yard? Freaky!

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

i hear you, mom.

Carrie, this was much better than the ice. Still, Owasso schools were closed.

no doubt Lime. This is so not better than the old one.

Breazy, sounds like our schools. :D

Glad you made it home without major incident, Donetta.

Liz, I've heard a few other people mention they've seen worse in the 80s.

I'm so there, Leslie. :D

Oh, and Jerry that is one good thing (the frozen pollen). :D

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger snavy said...

I'd tell you about the weather here but I don't want to jinx us.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.