Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Stone Cold Killa

I remember the first time I killed a man. Somehow, I thought it would be easier than it was. After all, I’d seen it done a thousand times in a thousand different ways. I’d read about it, seen it in movies, hell…I even heard about it on the evening news. Perhaps, that what was what made it so difficult; it had all been done before. If I was going to kill somebody, I needed to do it in a way that set it apart from all the others. It should be unique, not necessarily horrifying, but strange enough that it would be remembered.

What to do, what to do? Should I use a gun? Nah, that seems to impersonal and let’s face it, a little too quick. If a man’s life is going to be snuffed out, a killer ought to have the guts to get up close and personal. He should be close enough to feel his victim’s last breath flutter his eyelashes as it leaves his body. His arms should shake as his victim spasms beneath him in the throes of death.

Should I use a knife? Maybe, but then…how many times has that been done? The blade pushed snug against the skin, causing an indent as the muscles beneath try to deny it entry. A little more force and… splash, the blade sinks through to bone with ease. Blood gurgles up, released, flowing free like lava from a tiny volcano.

Perhaps I could put my devious mind to work and invent some new weapon. Of course, there are many pitfalls with this route as well. Do you build it yourself? Where do you begin? What if your design is flawed? It could get really messy if you didn’t pay attention to even the most minute of details.

Finally, I decided on a kiss, a gentle touch, and a passionate embrace. Death comes in many forms. In death, we learn about life. How one dies is nothing compared to how one lives. Having said that, they are often related. It became apparent that there needed to be a reason for someone to care about whether or not the victim died or why they were chosen.

We as a people have become too desensitized. Death for the sake of the act itself is no longer shocking. It moves people, but it is not memorable outside those directly affected. If I wanted people to take notice, they had to have a vested interest in either the victim or the killer. Armed with this knowledge, I put pen to paper. Yes, I’ve killed numerous times since then. Sometimes I killed for passion, other times for rage, still other times just to quench an immortal thirst. In the end, I will always remember my first. Do you remember yours?

12 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Whoa, horsey! At first, I just saw I remember the first time I killed a man and had to do a double-take, then realized it was a literary work. Freaked me out at first. Hee hee!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, ah...but that was kind of the point. :D

 
At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! In my mind I kill at least once a week and each time depending on the circumstances I get more torturous . To put it plainly , if killing was legal it would be my hobby and the population of the stupid would be thinned out in a big hurry! LOL!

Great post James . Not everybody thinks about the kill and their victim as you have. Sometimes they are very absentminded with it . When I am reading I want all the detail like feeling the last breath .

have a good day!

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger lime said...

chilling and memorable piece there, james! well done

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Yup.
It was with a knife...

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Breazy. If killing was legal, we would likely have a lot less Darwin Awards as the truly stupid would be the first to go, lol.

Thank you, Lime. :D

Thanks for sharing, Bernita. What did you do with the knife?

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You betcha I have. And the details are simply too gruesome to discuss here! Nicely presented piece. Donnetta

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Donetta. Now, I'm definately intrigued. :D

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I must say I found this a little disturbing but most fascinating!!!
well done son well done.
love
MoM

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Come to think of, I have never killed anyone. Does that make me weird? My people are always happy.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Kidney thrust, James.
She kept it in case she needed it again.

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, mom. :D

not weird, carrie just not a killa. :D

Oh, right on, Bernita. nice choice, especially since the blood that comes from the kidneys is nearly black with impurities.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.