Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Random Thoughts

Heroes returned last night and it is as strange and exciting as ever. Do you watch this show? Are you on the List?

Don’t forget tonight is the big blowing smoke up our asses State of the Union. I usually don’t talk politics on this blog, and I won’t dwell today. Let me just say, I’m a Republican, but not a big fan of Bush. This entire debacle in Iraq is leading us down a road that has no exits. We don’t seem to be making progress in a timely fashion. If anything our presence there is perpetuating rifts, but if we pull out now, the general sentiment over there would be that they drove us out and I can’t help but think they will bring the fight once again to us. Who am I kidding? Whether we stay or withdraw, they will bring the fight to us again as soon as they figure out a way to get the most bang for their efforts.

We will be put into a position where we must bomb them back into the stone age which will cause us to lose all face with the rest of the world powers or our entire country will be plagued with random acts of violence until the fear becomes so great, our system will crumble under its weight. Nothing good can come of this.

7 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Your cousin is ticked off because the SOU is on during the time The Unit is supposed to be on. I like that show too, but he's been whining because it seems like the last few episodes have been covered up by "breaking news", a Billy Graham special or an award show.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger lime said...

i watched heroes once or twice but that's it.

and i completely agree with everything you've said except I'm not a republican (nor am i a democrat...i vote every novemeber but i just cannot bring myself to declare a party...just can't do it). we have fucked ourselves and that region worse than it already was. we are not going to change 1000+ years of ethnic and religious hatred that is so deeply entrenched. bah....i could rant all day. i'll shut up now and get back to work on a personalized bibiliography. that's more fun.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I agree with you however , I can't stand Bush , I think he is one of the biggest idiots to lead this country. You are right though , the fighting won't stop whether it is here or there . Very sad! I am beginning to think that the "war in Iraq" is Bush's plan to thin the population, if so it is working ! Have a good day !

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I can finally say that I am glad that I have to study instead of watching it.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger ivan said...

Feel for America.
And we, perched atop of the U.S.
are halfway involved too.

These stupid kids running our foreign policy!
No matter what their age.

Ivan

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, James: Do you feel there is a dog chasing it's tail here? I, too, have thought about being blown into the stone age. We're living in the Twilight Zone. Donnetta

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, but we are going to chase the tail until something breaks...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.