Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday 55

I would like to take a moment to congratulate my wife on her recent promotion. She may well be the youngest Analytical/Catalyst Lab Manager I’ve ever known. I’m proud of you, Baby. When I grow up I want to be just like you. : D

We are hunkering down for another wicked weather weekend. The rain started last night, should turn to freezing rain this afternoon, continue with the freezing rain throughout Saturday and finally top it all off with a little snow on Sunday. Ah…good times.

Not to worry, my house is as decent a place as any to be stranded in. We have a pool table in the upstairs game room, a dart-board downstairs between the living room and one of the dining rooms, and a slew of board games.

This will also provide one of those rare opportunities to use the fireplace. I think the fireplace is absolutely beautiful, but my goodness…it throws the heat. We can only turn it on when the temperature is in the low teens or colder else we find ourselves lounging in pools of our own sweat.

Oh, and for those of you looking for a little Friday 55 action, I will come back with a vengeance starting next week. Until then, here is one of my originals. Enjoy and have a great weekend.

His eyes burned with desire. Nostrils flared. She turned away, his face too much to bear. Rain bounced from the tin-roof, comforting, distracting. His hands found her arms, pulled at her, strong with need. She resisted, putting her hands on his shoulders. He begged; she relented. Her teeth met his throat. He was her first.

6 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger lime said...

congrats to your wife! that's terrific news!

what is this with 'turning on' fireplaces?? you have one of those new-fangled gas thingies or what? i do love a roaring fire on a cold snowy day...pity we have not had any cold weather to speak of this winter....pathetic really.

ah, if you're going to rerun ya picked a good one!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Congratulations to your wife! YAY!!

I am hoping some of that cold white stuff you call snow finds its way east so that I may have a little of it . Y'all be safe , stay warm and enjoy that fire!

I love this friday 55!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Lime...Yep, we have one of those new fangled gas thingie. :D Yeah, it's crazy how warm it's been up your way.

'll see if i can send it your way, Breazy. :D

Oh, and thank you both for the compliments on the 55

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

This has nothing to do with your post....

But go to my blog and see what your little cousins did! The picture is just so, um, well, hilarious!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I got sent home already. We made it to the store and now I am playing on the puter and he is napping. Ah, life is good.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

Sounds like a cozy weekend. Wish I had a fireplace. And a pool table. And a dart board. Oh, never mind. Hope you have fun. Congrats to Mrs. Goody.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.