Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Weekend Recap

Alright holiday shoppers, your time is running out. I can’t say I’m unhappy about that. I love the holidays, but the effect it has on the masses usually has me ready to see them gone long before they arrive. What is it about shopping for others that brings out the worst in people? Are they secretly resentful that this time of year means they have to part with money they usually get to put towards something else? Is that what makes them rude? If it’s that painful, why don’t they just boycott and leave the aisles filled with only the jolly people?

We had a going away party for Kim, not only one of my wife’s employees, but a dear friend of ours. It was a sad affair as she is moving all the way to Wisconsin. Why would anyone move to Wisconsin this close to winter? Oh, it might have been the fact that she landed a seriously better paying job. That and her family lives there, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. She will be missed.

The rest of the weekend was spent playing games and watching a few movies. I won’t do an official review, but I will say the big surprise from the rentals was Miami Vice. I ended up turning it off before it finished as it bored me to death. My goodness, but that movie crawled along at an excruciatingly slow pace. I was very disappointed.

How was your weekend? Do you do anything worthwhile with your time?

8 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger lime said...

i quite agree about certain things making me wish the madness wasover....

it's hard to have dear friends move away...

i got more housepainting done and STARTED ( oh my stars i'm so far behind) on my christmas cards. we schlepped kids to the mall to see 'Eragon.' The 2 who read the books panned it but said if you never read the books it would be fine. we also had a lovely dinner out to celebrate our anniversary.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

My bonus doesn't come until tomorrow. (I hope I still get one.) So I haven't done any shopping yet. Well except for a painting for Adam.

I actually watched 2 movies this weekend. Of course holiday movies but I haven't got to watch a movie since school started. That is fantastic for me.

I'm sorry about your friend leaving but sometimes you just gotta be happy for them.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous linda said...

1st let me say Happy Anniversary Lime.
I had a quite week-end for the most part but I actually made my 1st attept at making homemade choc.covered pretzels Yummy!!!! :-)
they were pretty good I must say.
I also done a little more shopping...almost done now.
I don't know how many of you know but tomorrow is James' Birthday.
I am looking forward to it because we always meet for lunch on his B.d. and mine to.
this time my grandson will be joining us so that will be even more fun.
in closing I am sorry that Kim moved away I know Shelly especially will miss her running buddy.
Have a great day Son I will see you tomorrow.
Love
MoM

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, indeed...Happy anniversary, Lime. :D

If you don't get your bonus, let me know, Carrie and I will come down and strong arm one out of them. :D

Thanks, Mom. I'll see you tomorrow.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger lime said...

aww, you do have the sweetest mom! thank you james, and mrs goodman for your kind wishes :)

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

James,
I just don't know what it is about the Holiday season that makes folks such bad drivers. We had three near misses at lunchtime, mostly due to the other driver's impatience. I haven't even ventured into the vortex known as Woodland Hills Mall....yet.

Christmas. Dear God, let it end.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is masturbation worthwhile? ;)

Steve~

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

You're quite welcome, Lime. :D

Oh I can totally relate, Jerry. I think I may avoid 71st street hell all together.

Steve, i suppose if it's done properly. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.