Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend Recap

Is it Monday already? It’s been a bit of a whirlwind weekend. We met with several members of my wife’s running team on Friday. It was a post-post marathon celebration. A fine time was had by all.

Saturday we went to see a friend’s band (The Four Players). They RAWK!! I must admit, we planned to be supportive either way, but…wow, they sounded fantastic. I even…now, brace yourself for this one…danced. Apparently, my Achilles tendon is healing nicely. I didn’t have a full range of movements, but it was fairly close. This is only three months after my surgery, I might add.

Sunday I felt so good about the triumphant return to the dance floor, I decided to try some other activities on my “no no” list. I rode my bicycle. I only made it a couple of miles before the injured leg was screaming at me, but that was a couple of more miles than I thought I could do going into the weekend.

I’m supposed to wait a year before I return to Karate practice, but at this rate…I may be back to training by February. More importantly, I should be able to shred some serious wake by spring. I was more than a little concerned I would miss an entire wakeboarding season. As it looks now, I should be back to near normal (whatever that is) by the time the warm weather returns.

How was your weekend?

13 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger lime said...

hey that's great news!! i've been wondering how your leg was. glad you all had fun and even gladder you could enjoy some long missed activities. i am almost ready to try bicycling since I can finally bear some weight on my left hand.

we got the tree up and enjoyed the end of season banquet for my girls' marching band.

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I am glad you had a "fun filled" weekend and was able to get back to doing the things you enjoy but as your mom I have to say just because it "feels" better does not mean it's "healed" please tkae it slow I would hate tp see you re-injure and be sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else have fun this summer.
love
MoM

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

You still make me hurt when I think about you doing anything physical. You don't want to re-injure yourself now.

But good for you, you dancing fool. :)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

oh, you'll have to let me know how that goes, Lime. :D

Will do, Mom. Careful is my middle name.

lol, Carrie. Thanks for that.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Great ! I am still praying for your recovery. I think everyone had a good , fun weekend . I have been floating around blogland and everyone has had a good one.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks Breazy. That may be one of the reasons I've healed as fast as i have. :D

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Careful is my middle name." LMAO This from the man who went to the hospital what was it - three times - in as many weeks?

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, yeah...perhaps that was a bit of an overstatement.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger lime said...

phew, i'm glad your mom gave he cuationary message. i almost did but i figured she'd come thru ;)

as for the bike...shall we race? hehehe

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, i think i can take you. Bring it... :D

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

VERY good news on your leg.
But. Be. Careful.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Bernita. i will. :D

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger snavy said...

Great news on the healing front. But, don't over-due it young man!

LOL @ RAWK!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.