Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Snowblind in Tulsa

We made it through the near blizzard (for this neck of the woods anyway) conditions safe and sound. It gave me a wonderful opportunity to try out my new 4WD Trailblazer. My first thought was, Great…I’ve had this new vehicle for two weeks and some non driving A-hole is going to ram into it. Thankfully, I was able to avoid (and yes in some cases flat out dodge) said A-holes. Why was I out in such deplorable conditions? Heh, I had things to do and I wasn’t going to let a little thing like record breaking snow falls slow me down.

I managed to knock out most of my Christmas shopping. With the exception of Sunday, the stores (that managed to stay open) were largely deserted, giving us ample opportunity to shop without wearing protective equipment to fend off the mobs of slobbering, shop happy maniacs that seem to grace the stores this time of year.

We only lost power once (for about 2 hours), so the storm definitely could have been worse. Having said that, if I never see a storm like that roll through again, it will be too soon. For all intents and purposes, it all but crippled most of Northeast Oklahoma. I hear that other areas got it worse, but it was a rather impressive dusting here none the less.

On the writing front, I’ve completed another short story (Esprit de Corps) and compiled a collection of six stories in all for another book to be published by Cyber-Pulp Books. More on that deal as it develops, but these are exciting times.

I’ve also been adjusting well to my new job. All indications are that I’m really going to enjoy working for this company. Did I mention, I’m the newest Controls Engineer for JVIC? Well…I am, lol.

Anyhoo, I had better get back to it. How was your weekend?

8 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Congratulations on both the new job and the short stories. Indeed, exciting times!

And nice to see you back!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Sandra...It's good to be back. Hopefully, I'll be back to posting on a regular basis now. :D

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad the new job seems liek a great situation.

my weekend was nuts but in a good way....kids' concerts, working festivals, birthday celebrations, painting the house.

also, thanks for taking the time to answer 34 questions! blushing at my beat feature (thanks), if i am ever marooned i hope you are there, and yo...pimp my escalade more and i'll crank up the bass while snoop dog pumps out.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Good work, James!

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

That is an insane amount of activity for a single weekend, Lime. :D Yeah, we'll definately be rolling with the homies in your escalade. :D

Thanks, Bernita.

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous linda said...

As you already know I am very proud of all your accomplishments you never cease to amaze me. and I am very happy that you are enjoying your new job
Love
MoM

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I'm with ya on the snow. I was miserable but am glad that it is melting!

I'm glad to hear about your job and excited to read your stuff.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you Carrie. and yes, today should be a big day for the melting. :D Hip hip hooray!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.