Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Holiday Meme

I’ve seen this meme on several of my favorite blogs and decided to give it a go myself.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
This is the only time of year I drink Egg Nog, but I drink some every year.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Are you kidding? Santa doesn’t have time to wrap gifts. That’s how you know for sure their from him and not from your parents. Your parents take the time to wrap everything. Santa has it set out for all the world to see.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored lights just seem a bit more festive to me. I’ve used both in my decorating scheme but the colored lights far outnumber the white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, an unfortunate misunderstanding at a company Christmas party has ruined the allure of the mistletoe custom for me.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
Thanksgiving weekend.

6 What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
It is a toss up between Ham and sausage balls.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
When I was ten, I opened all of my presents as usual. We were sitting in the living room thanking each other for our gifts and my mom goes, “Where’d that ornament come from?” I look and there’s a crocheted ball on the tree. I open it to find a key. The key fit a lock on the shed. The shed held my first motorcycle, an XR-80.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth? Did something happen to Santa? Ah, man…I’m so skipping this question.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Every year for as long as I can remember.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I load it with as many ornaments, candy canes and strands of garland as it can hold.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it on Christmas, but any other time it’s a pain in the ass.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but I haven’t done it since I was 16 (that was a fairly long time ago).

13. Do you remember your favorite gift for Christmas?
I would have to say…that answer changed from year to year. I always had one present that stood above the rest and for at lest the next 364 days it was my favorite.

14 . What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with family. I love to eat all of the holiday fare and sit around catching up and/or playing card games.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Dirt cake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Waiting for my son to go to sleep before I put together presents that need to be assembled. Then trying with every fiber of my being to do so quietly.

17. What tops your tree?
A star…it means the world to me.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I prefer to give.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Little Drummer Boy.

20. Do you like Candy Canes?
Most definitely.

10 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger lime said...

oh, this was fun! and i must say the memory from when you were 10 is great! you clearly have the coolest mom around!

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, she is. :D

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

What happened with the mistletoe? Well you knew someone was going to ask. ;)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Some people fail to see the humor in mistletoe being attachted to the back of your belt at such an event... :D

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger snavy said...

I loved this meme.

I will most definitely steal for next weeks Christmas type post.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger lime said...

LMAO @ the mistletoe attached to the back of your belt. that sounds like the sort of evil i might perpetrate.....bwahahahaha

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Oh I may have to steal this meme! I decorate my tree/house with colored lights as well and you know , there aren't that many of us out there anymore that prefer colored over white . I also decorate my tree with more home made ornaments than anything . Just things the kids have made over the years . It is family tradition for our family to sit down and make an ornament each year and once the ornament is made it is the kids decision as whether to keep it or give it to someone . We bought our 9yr old son his first dirt bike for Christmas this year . It is 50 , automatic , four stroke and I can't wait . I have wrapped the keys in a small ring box so that he is a bit stumped he gets it! Okay I will shut up now , I just get so excited talking about Christmas . I too am a giver ! You have a wonderful day!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Can't wait to read it, Snavy.

lol, I could see that, Lime.

Oh, he is going to be so stoked, Breazy. That is fantastic. :D

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

I really enjoyed reading this son it brought back memories for me to.
I as you know prefer colored lights as well and Christmas is most favorite time of the year. I can't hardly wait for our gathering.
Love
MoM
ps thank you lime for your comment

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, James. Love that mistletoe. I'm still chuckling.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.