Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Harvester

Update: I have received several nudges admonishing me for not mentioning that today is my birthday. So…today is my 35th birthday. Thank you.


I sleep no more
My mind is adrift
Thoughts flutter
Like a lover’s kiss

My smile is ferocious
Though I have no rage
Each blow I strike
Is just a turn of the page

The world is my oyster
To be eaten raw
Monster or Saint
You make the call

I walk through your streets
But don’t catch my eye
In their depths
Your soul will fry

My name will be whispered
From trembling faces
Never when alone
Or in darkened spaces

Life is a delicacy
How it’s consumed
Is what sets us apart

Live well
Or you’ll discover my name
Oh, what fun we will have
As you learn new levels of pain

You’ll not pass slowly
I’m sorry to say
I’ll carry you with me
Til my final day

I’d love to chat more
But duty does call
Time for both righteous
and wicked to fall

I know there secrets
As should you
If you stay your course
I’ll see you soon

14 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Anonymous linda said...

wow!!!!! loved it
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOY
LOVE
MOM

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger lime said...

checking over my shoulder now...

and it's your birthday?? well, have a very happy birthday, james! hope it is everything you could hope for!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you both so much. i can't believe i'm already 35. Where did the time go?

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Happy Yule, too, James.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Bernita. :D

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Sneaky, not even hinting to us.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, thanks Carrie. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about it.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

HAPPY 35th BIRTHDAY!!!!! Had I known this we would have thrown you a big ole' party East Tennessee style ! Seriously though , you have a wonderful day ! Oh yeah , they finally broke ground on our new home , if you wanna see pics I posted some today!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Breazy. Congrats. I'll swing by.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you're enjoying the day. I hope there's cake on the schedule somewhere. Or brownies. Or lemon meringue pie. Whatever makes you happy. It's your day. Enjoy. :~)

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Robin. i did...I did have a happy birthday. I skipped the sweets for some tasty Chinese food though. :D

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous robin said...

Cool. We had Chinese last night, too. Except I cooked it so it wasn't that good. Better than the last batch, though. The dog wouldn't even eat the last batch.

No sweets? That's kind of wrong, ain't it? :)

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol @ the dog wouldn't even eat it. Every time I try homemade Chinese it has been a near disaster. i don't know how they do it, but i know I like it.

Yeah, it's a little wrong, but I'm really not a big sweets fan. I don't know what's wrong with me. :D

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy levitra online

http://mtsu32.mtsu.edu:11263/_disc2/00000195.htm#soma

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.