Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday 55

Alright folks, the object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. Susie is the one that started it all, so be sure to drop by her site as well.

Want to play along? Let me know if you do so that I can come read your entries.

Eyes so big, they seem out of place on something so small. The mother watches her, heart torn, mind conflicted. How doe she explain? Helpless, she pulls the child close. “You can bring him back, baby”. The child’s body shudders under the weight of sobs. “Why did you take your brother out on the ice?”

13 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger lime said...

and you sent a shiver up my spine. another fine image, james. mine's up too

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. I'll be right over to check it out.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

sniff sniff.

I'm glad to see you up and running. I loved yesterdays joke but I had to read it through my google reader because of that little problem.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Carrie. It's good to be back.:D

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I am glad you are getting back to normal. Love todays 55! Have a great weekend !

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Breazy...you too. I love the new pic btw.:D

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

"hy did you take your brother out on the ice."
I cannot go there. Too horrible.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger snavy said...

Very disturbing although well written.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Sorry, Bernita.. :(

Thanks, Snavy.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I am sooooo glad to see you are doing Friday 55 again I have missed them.
I love today's but I have to agree it is a little disturbing
Love
MoM

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, mom. Yeah, next time i will try to go a little lighter.

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey James, was it supposed to be you "can't" bring him back? How sad. That's heartbreaking. Stop writing stuff like that.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

No, if she couldn't bring him back it would be a really sad story...

i'll try not to do it again. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.