Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Soldier to Soldier

To my brothers and sisters who have fallen in service to our country, I salute you. To those of you still fighting the good fight, Hoorah. My thoughts and heart go with you. Thank you for preserving my rights.

I have enjoyed working at Syntroleum. I gave nearly 8 years of my life to honing the technology and moving the company forward. I’ve been part of several historic moments in the production of alternative fuels. There have been a few bad times to go with the good, but overall my experience with them will be remembered fondly.

I quit not out of frustration, not out of spite or even passion. I was presented with an offer I couldn’t refuse from another company. So, I’ll close one chapter of my career, take a deep breath (and a couple of days) and dive into the next one on November 27th.

My posts my be a little dodgy around here for the next week (like they haven’t been for the past several) as I spend my remaining time with Syntroleum tying up loose ends and making the transition go as smoothly as possible for them.

To my friends and mentors I leave behind, you will be missed. Thank you and good night.

11 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger lime said...

i'm glad to hear the whole thing is primarily a positive thing not borne of complete frustration. best of luck to you as one chapter ends and a new one starts.

and again...thank you

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Ah, another door has opened...hoped it might be that.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Good luck, James! You will do well. Will you still be in the Tulsa area? Or relocating?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Good for you! I'm glad it was something good and not something bad.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Goody,
Congrats on the new job. Hope the legs healing up. See ya soon.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Steve G said...

Good on you and good luck with the new job.

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I am so proud of you for taking this leap I know that it will work out really well for you because you are one of the smartest and talented men I know...and I am not just saying that because I am your mom.
I love you son
Good lucj and best wishes in this new adventure
MoM

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, everyone for your kind words. oh, and EA...I'll be staying here in Tulsa.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Good for you. Now get out there and kick some serious butt. Or at least poke a few with that cane. I'm sure you'll be missed, but someone else is lucky to get you.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Good luck with a new job!

Flying visit to say hi!

:o)

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol, Lesia. My cane will be quite useful for that. :D

Thanks, M.E :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.