Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Updates and Information

Last night was my first dose of physical therapy. It wasn’t as bad as I feared. I didn’t even have to take a pain pill last night. 7 sessions to go, I can’t wait to get back to the fun stuff. I miss pummeling people exercising and training in my dojo. It was quite therapeutic. I’ll get back there eventually.

That time of year is rolling around again. That’s right it’s almost Nanowrimo time. I won’t be participating this year (I’ve been so covered over, I’ve barely had time to tend to this blog), but a friend of mine has a rather… ahem, novel idea for this years exercise. David Niall Wilson is inviting you to read along during the month of November as he writes his novel. To participate send an e-mail to Gideons_Curse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Talk about being put on the spot. As if the pressure of writing a novel in a month weren’t enough, he’s asking for readers as he goes. Good luck, Dave.

How many of you plan to participate in Nanowrimo this year?

9 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous linda said...

OK OK I am not up to speed on all this blog lingo :-) SO, for your old mom's sake will you please tell me what the Heck is Nanowrimo?
LOL
MoM

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Glad your PT is going well! We hope you're up and kicking ass soon!

Check out my latest post. Your little cousin gave his baby sister a "boo boo" that required emergency room attention and a staple in her head!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger lime said...

wow, you only have 8 sessions of PT??? holy cow! then agian you had a helluva alot more time in a cast than me. glad it was not as awful as you feared though. hope you're back to the dojo kicking ass with glee sooner rather than later.

that nanowrimo sounds ;ike all sorts of insane fun. i love that it bills itself as stupidity infusion and more concerned with quantity than quality and that anyone taing themselves too seriously should bugger off....hhmmm....

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Sounds like PT went well. Good for you! The Nanowrimo sounds cool.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger David Niall Wilson said...

I'll help him out.

Nanowrimo = National Novel Writing Month - all participants are trying to write 50,000 or more words bertween Midnight October 31st and Midnight November 30th. About 70,000 folks annually at least pretend to participate...

I've done it the last two years. The first of those novels is "The Mote in Andrea's Eye," available now...and the other is with my agent and severla publishers.

Check out www.nanwrimo.org

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger snavy said...

I'm glad pt went well. LOL at 'pummeling people"!!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Bernita said...

"Not I," said the Fly...

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

I am glad that your PT is almost done ! Just keep us updated on your recovery .

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Sorry to take so long with a response, but i've had another in a long line of hellishly busy days at work.

Mom, i think Dave's got you covered.

Oh, that's aweful, Leslie.

yeah, i was as shocked as you, Lime. Originally they had mentioned months of PT. Oh, yes, definately a certain level of insanity there... :D

thanks, Carrie. hopefully it continues to go smoothly.

Dave, thanks for stepping up with the explanation. :D

Glad you liked that, Snavy.

i understand that, Bernita. i love your new pic, btw.

Thanks, Breazy. i'll sure do that.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.