Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Run Like The Wind

We’ve just returned from the 2006 Race for the Patch. As most of you know, my wife has been training for her first marathon. In lieu of running with her group today, she chose to race in both the 5K and 10K events. She won three, count them three medals. She took 3rd in the 5K, 2nd in the 10K and 12th overall. She RAWKS.

I’m so very proud of her. She is truly an amazing woman. We are in the cool down period now, but in a few hours we are going to celebrate by taking my son to Oktoberfest. We’ll see how well I can navigate the crowds with my bum leg.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

9 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Jerry said...

James,
I'm heading to O'fest today as well. Maybe I'll see you there.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

Way to go Mrs. G! Congratulations! Hope y'all have fun at the beer fest. Sounds like you've both earned it.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Yay for the missus! So well done. I wish I could get the urge to go running. Hubby loves it.

:o)

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger lime said...

congratulations to mrs goodman! that's awesome and no easy feat!

hope you navigated without too much problem.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I miss Tulsa's Oktoberfest. I miss all that yummy food. Your cousin never once took me, but I always went with friends. He said he didn't want to be around a bunch of drunken idiots doing the chicken dance. Were you able to shake your rump and flap your wings, even just a little bit?

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Almost forgot--GONGRATS Mrs. G!! Way to go!! Man, I wish I had the energy to run, when I'm not preggers, of course.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks everyone. It was definately a whirlwind weekend. I've got a lot going on right now, but I can't really talk about it yet. I'm hoping to be able to make an announcement in the next two weeks or so.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, she is one heck of a woman!

I can't believe you guys went out there Saturday. It was so cold.

We went Friday night and it was nice but I think everyone ended up getting sick.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, you're a pretty cool guy, but your wife totally kicks arse!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.