Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Rambling

We went to a Halloween party on Saturday with a gaggle of runners from my wife’s running group. I have to say…it was a great time. It was (of course) a costume party, so it was funny checking out everyone’s costumes. The Mrs. went as an Angel/Devil, with the red on one side and the white on the other. I was going to be The Phantom of the Opera, but when I tried to put on the mask, I realized I must have a monstrous cranium, because the thing wasn’t even a close fit. I wound up keeping the clothes, ditching the mask and going as a musketeer.

What is it about making tough choices that zaps your motivation? Since the day my company closed both of my plants, I’ve found it an increasing struggle to get back to my regular routine. I’m up to my neck in a new project, I’m trying to learn the little nuances of working in my new environment and I have to “train” a new engineer to do things as simple as possible. It’s almost as if I’ve started with a whole new company. Hmm, maybe that isn’t such a bad idea.

I did manage to work on the first set of revisions for Drums of the Nunne’hi. I spoke with my publisher and he is working hard to find just the right artist for the cover art. He did have some bad news however; the book has been delayed until January. I was hoping it would be out in time for Christmas, but hey…at least it will be released soon.

Well, I’ve another week of arguing for common sense negotiating terms of this project. So, I’ll need to keep this short.

What did you do this weekend?

6 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I didn't do anything because I couldn't think of a costume.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger lime said...

glad you had fun at the party. glad to see a new post too! sorry work is kind of sucky. i hope it improves soon.

mt friend from bolivia arrived and other friends i haven't seen in a ferw years also spent the night. a limelette marched in the halloween parade and went as a punk rocker....she wore the costume too convincingly!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, I hate when that happens, Carrie. Well, you still have another day to come up with something. :D

Lol, I wish I could have seen the parade, Lime. oh, and I have a sneaking suspicion that the work situation will be getting a lot better before much longer. :D

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

This weekend?
Sulked.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, but you're back on line now. :D

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

Why did Bernita sulk? I hope it improved for you, Bernita. After Friday, my weekend was very uneventful. Nothing to tell.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.