Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend Recap

Well, I did very little over the weekend, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I read…a lot. I read an entire book and two magazines over the weekend. I also managed to watch a couple of movies and a few football games yesterday.

My Patriots squeaked another win out, but I don’t know how long they will be able to maintain any momentum. They took some serious losses in the off season…stupid salary caps. Anyhoo, The Giants vs. the Eagles was an impressive game. The giants overcame a huge lead by the Eagles to win it in overtime. KC and Denver was a decent game, but mostly offense I think the final score was 6-9 (Broncos win). My wife’s favorite team (and to hear some talk, America’s) the Dallas Cowboys overcame a near record number of penalties to beat the Redskins. Those were the only games I watched, but hey…that took up most of a Sunday.

I have a long week ahead of me so posts me be a bit spotty around here. I’ll try to make sure I at least get the Dar-Wednesday and the Friday 55 up, other than that…it’s anybody’s guess how often I will get to post.

How was your weekend?

9 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger lime said...

i am not great football fan, as you know. if forced to watch, as i was, i will always root for the eagles since i grew up near philly. mr. lime, however, is a devoted giants fan. heavy sigh.....

decontaminating of children's bedrooms and a vicious mouse hunt were the main activities at casa de lime this weekend.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Need another movie to watch? Go rent Lucky # Slevin!! It's the best movie I've seen in a long time. That's what we did over the weekend. That, and church. I've got big things going on at church I've helped plan on the Christian Education Team. It's so great being a part of this important team.

Tell Mrs G that I am also a Dallas fan. How could I not be? I grew up a Texan and am a Texan again, so it's required around here. Ha! Ha! A lot of people here in the Houston metro even pass up the Houston Texans to be Cowboys fans. GO COWBOYS!! Woo hoo!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Sorry to hear about the great mouse hunt, Lime. lol, football is definately not for everyone. :D

thanks, leslie. I'll check it out.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

I enjoy football.

Hope you survive your busy week!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

We watched Lucky # Slevin, too. It was pretty good. Whenever I watch a movie like that I am always trying to figure out, how would you write the POV for a story like that?

Other than watch the Sooners get screwed, we were trying to poke and squirt medicine down a screaming cat that used to hunt mousers and then bring them into the house and let them go so that he could watch us chase mousers -- we'd catch the mouser, let it go outside, and then the cat would go back outside and catch another field mouse! ;-)

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

What is "weekend"?

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Me too, Sandra.

Oh that poor kitty, EA. I hope the mouser is back to healthy soon.

lol, Bernita. A weekend is something that I've only been able to enjoy in the last year or so.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

My weekend was 200 miles from home and restful. I wish I went away more often, but my hernit side keeps me indoors at home.

:O)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, that sounds like a fine weekend indeed, M.E.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.