Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

Well, this hasn’t been the most remarkable Labor Day Weekend we’ve ever had, but in an odd way it was still very nice. I quickly discovered (much to my dismay) that the pain pills I’m on make working on my various writing projects next to impossible. It’s like my creativity switch has been turned off. Not to worry, I’m going to try to take myself off the pain meds completely today and see how that goes.

Even if I could turn to my writing to occupy my mind in this time of limited mobility, it wouldn’t make for a very fun weekend for the family. So, we’ve engaged ourselves in the single longest movie marathon this household has ever seen. We cranked the air-conditioning down to a lovely 65 degrees F grabbed an arm full of blankets and everyone cuddled up on our sectional. We’ve watched several movies this weekend (all favorites from our personal collection), but the most impressive achievement was watching the entire Star Wars Collection back to back. That’s right, all 6 of the 2+ hours movies. It was the first time we’ve ever attempted such an undertaking. As many regular readers of this blog will attest, the Goodman family spends more time out and about than at home watching movies. Up until this weekend, watching four movies over a three day period was a major deal.

In fact the only reason we’re able to read as much as we do is because we take our books with us almost everywhere we go. Got a free minute? Flip open the book.

I would love to stay and chat, but intermission is almost over. We are about to take on all three The Godfather movies. Wish us luck.

I hope everyone has had a lovely and safe holiday weekend.

8 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger lime said...

LOL, we had a very wet weekend, but did manage a picnic on sunday. special circumstamces such as yours call for the insane movie marathon. a nasty stomach flu that hit us all a year ago gave us the extended version of the LOTR trilogy one weekend. i know there was a movie maathon when i came home from the hospital too, but i'll be damned if i can remember what we watched, .lol.

hope the weaning goes well and the pain is minor.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. I have a good feeling about not needing as much pain pills today.

Oh, yeah. It was a toss up between LOTR and The Godfather for today. My inner Guido has won out. :D

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Goody,
Ahhhh. Pain pills. My favorite is to watch horror movies when I am laid up.

Enjoy the movie marathon. Hey, there's a little drool on your chin. ;)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

So, did you catch the inconsistencies in the Star Wars movies? Now, all three Godfather movies - that would be a nice way to spend a day. Well, nice being a subjective term there...

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

thanks, Jerry.

Yes, ma'am I did. :D That was half of the fun.

We seem to be taking a longer intermission than I thought, lol. We haven't started the Godfather movies yet. I wonder if the rest of the family has officially burned out on movies... :D

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I was lucky enough to avoid one of Jim's Star Wars movie marathons. He likes to torture me with those at least every other month. However, we did have a Lonesome Dove marathon yesterday. I had never seen it all the way through, though I had seen bits and pieces of it when it aired on network television. May I suggest that for your next marathon? Jimmy loved watching a long cowboy movie--Maybe Ty will too. I'd love to have The Godfather movies! Maybe that's an idea for a Christmas present to get my hubby...Hmmm, yes, very good idea. And since I would like to have it too, I suppose I'd really be buying it for both of us--Hee hee!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Movie madness! I don't think I could sit through Star Wars. Maybe the first 3. As for The Godfather...oh yeah!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Leslie, I will have to give that a try. :D

Carrie, it wasn't as bad as I feared, but then I was a bit of a captive audience. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.