Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Book Review: Deep Blue

Well, I’ve made it to work two days this week (though I’ve yet to work an entire day) and I’m none the worse for wear. Ok, I might be a little more worn than I would’ve been had I stayed on the couch, but at least I can sleep better at night knowing that my work is getting done. Although, last night I had the strangest dream, my company fired me after my almost decade of loyal service. But enough about me, I want to talk about a book I just finished, Deep Blue. Mr. Wilson Rawks, plain and simple.

I don’t know if it was the pain-pills, the semblance of certain parts to personal experiences, or maybe it was even the music I had playing softly in the background as I read, but this book touched me. It pulled me in close and whispered in my ear on such a personal level that I had no choice but to hear its message.

It is a story filled with haunting visions and awful truths. It is the story of salvation and unlikely heroes. It is the story of powerful music and hidden worlds. It is the story of good, evil and the many faces of organized religion. It is the story of and for the masses and the dead that walk among us. It is a story of pain, redemption and sacrifice. But beneath it all, hidden beneath the patterns that bring it all to life, it is the story of Brandt, a burned out musician with the fate of a world full of tortured souls riding on the neck of his guitar.

Rating: 5 Stars

9 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Blogger lime said...

wow, i am definitely intrigued by the synopsis!

kudos for making it to work at all. how is that pain level doing? were you successful in the weaning? don't over do it, although i am sure the way things pile up when you're gone is powerful incentive to want to get there.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yeah, you should definately check out this book. :D

The pain level...well it sucks. I've been off the pain pills for a few days, but the way I'm feeling right now, I may have to regress. Ah, such is life...

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger lime said...

take the pills if you need them. keep the pain manageable. maybe just take them in the evening so you are lucid when you have to work?

do i sound like your mother or nurse ratched yet? sorry :">

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Only because you recommended V and found that it is my favorite movie...I went and bought the Deep Blue. It will have to wait until after I finish the book I am on now but you have me intrigued again.

When I see someone so enthusiastic about a book, I know it is a must!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

yes, nurse ratched, lol. I will, Lime. Scout's Honor.

Right on, Carrie. You have to let me know what you thought of it. I may have to read it again just for giggles.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

This sounds like my kind of book! Thanks for the review, James. Take it easy. Work will always pile up. There's no rest for the wicked! ;-)

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, then it is a wonder that i get as much rest as i do, lol. :D

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

WOW ! That sounds like a great read . I am glad to hear that you are doing okay and I am still sending prayers up for ya! Just don't over do it ! :)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Breazy.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.