Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Big Day

Today’s the day. I am officially a published writer. I’ve had a couple of short stories accepted and one novella on the way, but this is officially my first piece to see print. I’d like to give a special thanks to Sandra Ruttan and her husband for accepting the story. I would also like to thank MG Tarquini for her wonderful editing abilities.

Please take a moment to read The New Kid in Spinetingler Magazine. You can download a copy for free. That’s right you can expose yourself to some great stories absolutely risk free. You have nothing to lose and you might just find that you have your hands on your new favorite magazine.

Also, for those of you who have been following along with the Friday 55, I’d like to take a moment to point you in the direction of the talented lady who started it all, Susie. Speaking of Friday 55, here is this week’s humble offering:

Fingers widdled to bone. Back hunched from years of loyal servitude. Hope, a fading glimmer in too pale eyes. A rap at the door. An unexpected visitor, a rarity of late. Twenty years washed away with a forced smile and limp handshake. The walk of shame. Ambling slowly as downcast eyes pretend not to notice.

27 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger barefoot_mistress said...

Well, I hope he will at least get the gold watch......

Thanks for playing James, and congratulations on the publishing!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, I think he may have missed out on the gold watch...

Thanks, Susie. :D

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Oh I am so excited and can barely sit still. I am off to read and will be back later.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger lime said...

yay!!! i'm so excited for you. congratulations! i only have a few spare moments right now but i can't wait to sit down and savor the new kid a little later.

nice 55 too, is he my guitarist's brother i wonder?

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Carrie. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks, Lime. It will be there when you are ready.

as for the 55, they may well be related. :D

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Hey James - woohoo! I got a bit more sleep, btw. I don't know why it is that each issue seems to come with nightmare obstacles ... like no internet... that threaten to drive us mad.

So I feel a bit deflated and everyone's passing out party hats, but you sure deserve the celebration! Party on!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Sandra. Here's to hoping the next issue goes up without a hitch. and thank you again. :D

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

That's grand, James! Mazel Tov.

You'll be celebrating, correct?

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Most definately, MG. and thanks again for all your help. :D

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Oh, and James? I corrected my other error in my blog post.

Geez.... Someone take the keyboard away when I'm this tired.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, I know the feeling, Sandra. Don't sweat it. :D

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger lime said...

finally had a chance to read the new kid....wow! could you send him to the poconos? ;)

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Lime. We don't keep in touch as often as we should, but next time I talk to him I'll see if he can schedule it in. :D

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Congrats! Way to go!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Dana. :D

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Congrats, James! I'm off to read your story. Have a great weekend!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, EA. I hope you find it enjoyable.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

James - It was GRUESOME! My gosh, you are truly a horror writer, aren't you! Thankyouverymuch for giving me nightmares tonight!

*off to find fluffy stuffed bunny to hold me through the night!*

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

Good story, James. I think I went to school with those guys. Congratulations!

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Congratulations, James.
Can't keep a hero down, even if he takes on Achilles.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

thanks, Dana. psst, wait until you see the one I wrote with the fluffy bunny. :D

Thanks, Lesia. I went to a different school every year and each school had some variation of the "elite".

Thank you, Bernita. I struggle more than I used to, but I'm definately not down. :D

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger IM Cupnjava said...

Congradulations! I'm sure you're excited and proud.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, IM and indeed I am :D

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Zinnia said...

Way to go on the sale!!!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I thank you, thank you very much. :D

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger MissWrite said...

Fantastic, James. Congratulations!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you! :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.