Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Where Did the Time Go?

We had a wonderful weekend filled with family, food and fussing over my son. Yes, we celebrated his birthday all weekend long. If one didn’t know better they would think we spoiled him rotten. He still has one more party to go. You see my wife had to go to the UK and she won’t be back for a few more days. When given the choice, my son decided he wanted to wait to have his big birthday bash until she could be home to join us. How selfless is that? Of course, the family recognized the need for him to actually celebrate on his birthday and I have to say, Tyler was glad they did. He was being quite grownup about the whole thing, but let’s face it…he’s nine deep down he really wanted to have some cake, smiles and congrats actually on his birthday. It was a good time had by all, but it sure seemed like the weekend just flew by. Oh, well there will be another one in a few days.

I don’t know which of us is missing my wife more, but I do know we’re both ready for her to come home. Everything just seems to flow smoother when we’re all together.

When we weren’t attending parties, we loaded up on all the crappy movies my wife refused to watch over the last few months. Yeah, I might review a couple of them, but for the most part, they were horrible and not worth the effort it would take to bash them. B movies just aren’t what they used to be…

So, how was your weekend?

8 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

What is it about you and Jim and your crappy B-movies? There's a reason they don't make it to the theater or don't last long if they do--because they SUCK! Now, some indie films are good either way. But those B horror films are horrible!

Did you eat cake for me? Wish we could've been there.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger lime said...

ooooh, i'm sorry i missed getting around yesterday. a belated but very happy birthday to tyler who showed how mature a 9 yr old can be. hope the big bash when your wife gets home is the best yet.

each of my kids had a sleepover saturday night and yesterday my hubby got back from several days in las vegas. He had rather significant winnings so the girls got their biggest yet back to school shopping spree (had to be done yesterday because they have 8 & 12 hour days at marching band camp all week this week). they were very happy. then a goodbye party for friends who are moving to detroit :(

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I wish you could have been here too, Leslie. Oh, and not all B-movies are horrible, but yeah...it's getting harder to find good ones. :D

I'll pass along the bday wishes, Lime. That's great that your husband had a big win in LV. I love to hear those kind of stories. Sorry to hear that your friends are moving away. :(

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

B movies, huh? I wanna hear.

My weekends are always the same...work, work, work.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, I will do one tomorrow. :D

that sucks that your weekends are spent painting. ;(

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Quiet. Sad. Busy. If that makes any sense at all.

When does your wife come home?

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, I hope next weekend is happier for you. She should be home Thusday night, barring any delays. *crosses fingers*

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.