Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Voices and a Movie Review

Ever wonder what I sound like? Perhaps if you go here it will sate your curiosity. I’ll also add the link to my side bar so you can check it out from time to time to see if I’ve added anything new.

And now on to the movie review…

Ring Around The Rosie was a movie I spotted in the aisles. I picked it up, studied the back and for the life of me I couldn’t remember seeing a trailer or hearing anything at all about it. As I was loading up on movies my wife would normally snub, I rented it.

This was a surprisingly good movie. Oh, sure it had a “B-movie” feel to it, but in a good way. There were a few WTF moments, but overall I was quite pleased with it.

Synopsis

Ring Around the Rosie is a supernatural thriller about a woman (GINA PHILIPS) who fulfills her grandmother’s last request by cleaning out the family’s mountain estate and finds herself condemned to a house with buried secrets from the past terrorizing and haunting her present. She and her boyfriend, Jeff, drive out to the family's old, sprawling run-down mansion where Karen quickly meets Pierce (TOM SIZEMORE, Heat, Black Hawk Down) who takes care of the horses in the stables. There’s something about him that seems off to her, but she figures if her grandparents trusted him, she should too. When her sister shows up, things begin to spiral out of control as the dark secrets of the past work their way to the surface until they explode in a flood of revelations that will send you reeling with the implications.

I would have been upset had I watched this in the theaters, but as a renter…it was a nice distraction for the evening.

Rating: 4 Stars

18 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Sounds like something Jim would like. I just emailed him at work asking him about the "king of the mountain" thing.

We've rented several movies over the last few weekends. Too many to post about, but you should check out RV, Whitecoats, Inside Man, and Jim would slap me if I didn't suggest to you Larry the Cable Guy in Health Inspector.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, yeah...he would definately groove on this movie.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger lime said...

hey that was great fun to hear your voice! io'm up for the guitar playing and singing too. if i can put on my trini accent you can play and sing, tee hee. you'll let us know as soon as the fall issue comes out right?

i kow you miss you wife but hey at least you get to watch these movies and not have her look at you as if you are entirely lacking in taste, right? do enjoy the reunion though (as if i even have to say it , lol) i know you and your son miss her

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. I may have to do a musical number, lol. Oh, and I will absolutely let you know when the story comes out.

The cheesy movie watching is the only plus to this entire ordeal, lol. The renuion will be fantastic. I can't wait.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Oh how fun! I love to hear the voices.

The movie sounds like something I would like. I love old house movies but is it far-fetched?

And yes, please let us know when we can read "The New Kid".

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

You know what I like about the cheese B-movies? We can sit on the sofa and add our comments like the characters in Mystery Science Theater 3000 do!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Carrie, it is a bit far fetched, but not unbearably so.

lol, ea. I loved MST3000. and yes we're guilty of doing the same thing if a movie is too cheesey. :D

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

James it was so nice to have a voice to put to your face. Very nice btw. I love taking out a rainy saturday and watching movies all day whether they be cheesy or not , I love them . My daughter saw Ring Around the Rosie and she said it was okay. I don't recall the preview either because I am always on the lookout for new movie previews . You have a good day!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Breazy. I hope you're feeling better today. Yeah, it was by no means a blockbuster, but it was better than some I've watched recently, lol.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Crap - I hate to tell you this, but we're going to put it up second week of September, after Labour Day, because of all the various things competing for everyone's attention.

And Mouth Full of Bullets is going live Sept. 7. So... SORRY! It'll be the week after that!

I feel so bad...

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, did you ever see "The Wedding Singer" You know, that part where Adam Sandler is talking to his fiance the day after she stood him up at the altar?

He says, "That's infomration that would have been more useful to me YESTERDAY!" lol. just kidding. These things happen.

Don't feel bad. I'll just place a note in the text to let them know about the change. Hey, it's my first podcast, they can't really expect it to go smoothly can they?

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

You sound exactly like I expected you to, and I'll look forward to reading the story in Spinetingler.

I love Tom Sizemore. He was great in Heart and Souls with Robert Downey, Jr., Alfrie Woodard, Kyra Sedgewick, Charles Grodin and Elisabeth Shue. It was a fun comedy with some tearjerking moments and good soundtrack. Now I'm going to have Walk Like a Man running through my head all day. Anyway, hven't seen Rosie, but I'll be sure to now.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

You sound exactly like I expected you to

Really? that's cool.

Tom sizemore is one helluvan actor. and yeah, I will have to check out Heart and Souls. I'm not sure how I missed that one...

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Zinnia said...

The movie title and the premise sounds really familiar. I think I may've seen the DVD for that advertized last night while watching WWE.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger snavy said...

Sounds like something I'd like!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

It could be, Zinnia.

I think so, Snavy. Let me know if you do.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

James, let me know if you watch Heart and Souls, okay? It's a fun bit of fluff.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I'll sure do it. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.